JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1390 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

47 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

:lol:Wouldn't it be something if there was a concise tract printed at a nearby branch to answer the false charges and a swift campaign to distribute across the country!? Wow! It could not be on the banned literature list yet!!!:D

I wonder how they would do that since all of the property is seized and everyone is banned. I wonder if a local branch could legally ship anything like that into the country....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

23 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I wonder how they would do that since all of the property is seized and everyone is banned. I wonder if a local branch could legally ship anything like that into the country....

Time to go stealth and undercover. :beard::batman::boating:

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

27 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I sort of think the brothers, (with Jehovah's help) had all the contingencies covered. A, "B" plan, if you may. If Jehovah wants it done, done it will be! And, I think they were pretty realistic. The excellent that came out of this is the organization wrapping itself around these dear ones, knowing, throughout the earth, they are loved. They knew it, now they really KNOW it. 

They have lived under extremist governments before. Perhaps, this will be the absolute last one. And, how Jehovah must be smiling! At their faithfulness. There was silence after the judge read their decision. No gasping, crying, or worse. Pretty peaceful, "extremists" I say. Don't think they have ever seen such. Nor will they ever!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I was thinking this: How headquarters and elsewhere can mail literature to Russia for the friends. A sister here said it can't be done. But what...the Russian postal officials will check mail something like is done in prisons? That's ridiculous! I mean, even friends not from headquarters can mail things to our Russian family. How would they know it's from us? 

Well, if Jehovah wants literature to get to the friends, and he does...it will!!!

It's been known in times past how Jehovah blinded people's eyes, and they couldn't/didn't see what they were looking for. 

With the internet and proxy servers there is really not a big need to mail literature... cheap printers can easily be used to share a printed message also all our publications can be on a little memory stick... the digital age has changed our dependence on a physical book...
Unless they destroy all electronic devices information knows no boundaries....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

5 hours ago, Luezette said:

I was thinking this: How headquarters and elsewhere can mail literature to Russia for the friends. A sister here said it can't be done. But what...the Russian postal officials will check mail something like is done in prisons? That's ridiculous! I mean, even friends not from headquarters can mail things to our Russian family. How would they know it's from us? 

Well, if Jehovah wants literature to get to the friends, and he does...it will!!!

It's been known in times past how Jehovah blinded people's eyes, and they couldn't/didn't see what they were looking for. 

Do you really think they know what "ridiculous" mean? Not at all! 

And ...We should not take the initiative to send literature to our Brothers there.  We would put them at risk. The GB takes care of them. Their mail could be controlled. 

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

One of the first things I was worried about (like others here) is that our letters won't reach Russia by the court date. However, if the Russian legal system is anything like ours, who knows what could happen between now and then. Jehovah could easily arrange a continuation or postponement. Hey--you never know! And in the meantime, our global brotherhood steps up and millions of letters come pouring in....................sigh........you gotta love it! (No really--it's all about love!)

The true beauty of serving Jehovah with His Son, Jesus, taking the lead then add the Holy Spirit, and all the Angelic support when Christ's Brothers here on earth give us instruction to do something then simply do it not lacking Faith. It will be accomplished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pursuing Peace

13 minutes ago, Daniela said:

Do you really think they know what "ridiculous" mean? Not at all! 

And ...We should not take the initiative to send literature to our Brothers there.  We would put them at risk. The GB takes care of them. Their mail could be controlled. 

Good reminder! We have an unlimited opportunity to send our prayers through Jehovah and his Son..:o

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I don't know if this was already posted?

http://fox-news24.com/trump-warns-russia-over-jehovahs-witnesses-ban-and-urges-members-to-seek-asylum-in-the-us/

[MODERATOR EDIT: Beware! fox-news24.com is a fake news site that tries to appear as related to Fox News although they are not linked.]

Edited by carlos

36 minutes ago, HoneyflakeT said:

I'm not too sure over the source of this one... I think it would be an idea to verify this story.

I keeping in mind the GB caution not to put heart on any worldly publicity negative or positive... as they all have their own agenda (we are just being used as pawns in their private power struggle for sure).  But the funny thing is THEY are being used as pawns by Jehovah to publicise his name for a Witness before all the nations before the end.  May all the faithful in Russia remember the wonderful witness your firm stand is giving to the WORLD, all to Jehovah's praise and glory.

Edited by sunshine

9 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

:lol:Wouldn't it be something if there was a concise tract printed at a nearby branch to answer the false charges and a swift campaign to distribute across the country!? Wow! It could not be on the banned literature list yet!!!:D

You mean like this?

A Powerful Message
  The tract Could It Happen Again? A Question for the Citizens of Russia clearly shows the public that Jehovah’s Witnesses are not extremists. It exposes the similarities between the current attempts to discredit the activity of Jehovah’s Witnesses and the steps that led to the unwarranted and tragic persecution that the Witnesses experienced during Soviet times. 

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011332

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

You mean like this?

A Powerful Message
  The tract Could It Happen Again? A Question for the Citizens of Russia clearly shows the public that Jehovah’s Witnesses are not extremists. It exposes the similarities between the current attempts to discredit the activity of Jehovah’s Witnesses and the steps that led to the unwarranted and tragic persecution that the Witnesses experienced during Soviet times. 

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011332

It Could happen to you 1-horz.jpg

19 minutes ago, futurepromise said:

It Could happen to you 1-horz.jpg

Thanks, I was hoping someone had a copy of the tract.

Reading it helps to understand that the recent events are just a repeat of history, we've been down this road before.

We knew it would happen so it truly is deja vu all over again...

I remember years ago, when we in France were facing unjust taxation we had a blitz campaign... it was so EXCITING.  It was all done in one day, and started at 6am in the morning.  The boxes were to be opened at 6 on the dot (not a minute before) and we all had a meeting just before... the brothers told us what to do and not do (it wasn' t  house to house it was only in the street).  I was enjoying myself until  they got to the part "What to do if you are arrested"... LOL. We started in the dark and gave the leaftlet to everyone.  One woman took the leaflet, held it up to my face and slowly  very s-l-o-w-l-y  tore it into tiny pieces... no matter because that was when she was going to the metro (train station) and I knew there would be another witnesses at the other end when she got off the train.   And another on the way to her work.

By the end of the morning people were coming up to us and asking what was going on and the news reports were "Jehovah's Witnesses get angry!"... lol... We placed millions and millions.   I was so glad I started early because in many areas by the time the friends got off work in the evening and wanted to take part, we'd ran out.  It was so amazing...  Of course that was in France not Russia, and the brothers I'm sure won't deliberately antagonize the authorities or put the brothers and sisters in danger, but it shows that Jehovah's people won't go quietly.  Jehovah makes us courageous.

Edited by sunshine

4 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I remember years ago, when we in France were facing unjust taxation we had a blitz campaign... it was so EXCITING.  It was all done in one day, and started at 6am in the morning.  The boxes were to be opened at 6 on the dot (not a minute before) and we all had a meeting just before... the brothers told us what to do and not do (it wasn' t  house to house it was only in the street).  I was enjoying myself until that got to the part "What to do if you are arrested"... LOL. We started in the dark and gave the leaftlet to everyone.  One woman took the leaflet, held it up to my face and slowly  very s-l-o-w-l-y  tore it into tiny pieces... no matter because that was when she was going to the metro (train station) and I knew there would be another witnesses at the other end when she got off the train.   And another on the way to her work.

By the end of the morning people were coming up to us and asking what was going on and the news reports where "Jehovah's Witnesses get angry!"... We placed millions and millions.   Of course that was in France not Russia, and the brothers I'm sure won't deliberately antagonize the authorities or put the brothers and sisters in danger, but it shows that Jehovah's people won't go quietly.  Jehovah makes us courageous.

Daniel 11:44,45

1 minute ago, Loopy said:

http://fox-news24.com/trump-warns-russia-over-jehovahs-witnesses-ban-and-urges-members-to-seek-asylum-in-the-us/

Hopefully this isn't "fake" news. Trump's feelings about Russian ban of Witnesses.

Scroll up to post 3185 and you will get your answer...

Edited by Tortuga