JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1391 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thank you, Bro. Manfred. I always like to check the accuracy of anything I share but in this case I wasn't sure how to go about it. I checked the theme of the convention and verified that it was, indeed, "Don't Give Up!" in Russian, so I thought I could risk sharing. I must admit, I did think that the number getting baptized was rather excessive for an attendance of 4,500!

Use your ears to gain understanding and your tongue to heal. -w13 5/15 p. 22

Some one really needs to set this one straight, we all love good news, but from looking at the videos showing the stadium and baptizmal candidates something doesn't jibe. I would like to pass it on, but....

Anyone have the whole story, which arena, the right date, attendance, number baptized? 

Waiting...waiting...still waiting. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Officials in Russia Honor Jehovah’s Witnesses, Including Jailed Danish Citizen, for Outstanding Community Service

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/officials-honor-jehovahs-witnesses-outstanding-community-service/

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

Officials in Russia Honor Jehovah’s Witnesses, Including Jailed Danish Citizen, for Outstanding Community Service

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/officials-honor-jehovahs-witnesses-outstanding-community-service/

Johan

Isn't that something? Even AFTER Russia falsely and publicly accused us of being "extremists", we STILL performed community service in that country when we lost all incentive to do so. And since this is something we've been doing for years according to the article, we cannot be accused of pandering. Furthermore, this is the same city that banned us in 2016.

But this shows that our works were always genuine, and not dependent on how the government there treated us. Jesus was right: "Wisdom is proved righteous by its works".

10 hours ago, LindaL. said:

This morning I received the following WhatsApp message from my former circuit overseer:

"This past weekend, the Finland Bethel organized a Zone Convention in Helsinki for our dear Russian brothers. The Finnish brothers opened their homes to the Russian brothers whom they didn't know personally, providing 4,500 delegates with accomodation, food and transport to the Convention for all three days.

Despite the fact that most Finns don't speak a word of Russian, love helped to overcome the linguistic barriers (John 13:35).

Brother Mark Sanderson, of the Governing Body, was amongst those present, having come specifically to strengthen our persecuted brothers."

He also sent me a video of the baptismal candidates at this convention: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6cr4a3e3k1bynj/VID-20170626-WA0002.mp4?dl=0

Linda so nice to hear from you ...we  know how busy you are  thanks for taking the time to post.  My hubby's  cousin hosted two couples  they had a great time despite the language barrier . Sunday night  he ( cousin ) organized a huge BBQ with 150 attending that stayed in the area our family lives outside of Helsinki .  

What a brotherhood we have ...... beautiful example of love in action. 

18 minutes ago, Miss Mouse said:

Linda so nice to hear from you ...we  know how busy you are  thanks for taking the time to post.  My hubby's  cousin hosted two couples  they had a great time despite the language barrier . Sunday night  he ( cousin ) organized a huge BBQ with 150 attending that stayed in the area our family lives outside of Helsinki .  

What a brotherhood we have ...... beautiful example of love in action. 

So, the story is true, but it's just the video shows the Kiev  2017 assembly?

5 hours ago, Old said:

Some one really needs to set this one straight, we all love good news, but from looking at the videos showing the stadium and baptizmal candidates something doesn't jibe. I would like to pass it on, but....

Anyone have the whole story, which arena, the right date, attendance, number baptized? 

Waiting...waiting...still waiting. :)

The venue does not look the same as the pictures that were sent to us right from the convention in Helsinki ( 2017) the video looks more like a  convention that  I attended 24 yrs ago in Moscow .....when Russia first opened up there were hundreds baptized looking at the crowd it is much larger than  the one in Helsinki .  

Family not up yet in Finnland will  confirm # baptized asap and venue. 

Johan

Another Honour to Jehovah's People amidst ban!!! . Jehovah's name be praised forever

8 hours ago, The German said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6cr4a3e3k1bynj/VID-20170626-WA0002.mp4?dl=02

is from the NSC Olympic Kiew 2017 June 16.-18. .

269 baptized

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

. . . it's just the video shows the Kiev  2017 assembly?

1 hour ago, Miss Mouse said:

. . . Kiev seems more likely . 

This video purports to be from that convention in Kiev. It looks like the same place as the one Linda posted.

1 hour ago, Miss Mouse said:

Your right same place ..... thanks  Eric are you all  ready for our Special Convention? 

All ready! But I'm not going to Kiev Toronto like you might be. I'll be listening in to parts of it from Montreal though.

Hey! This is getting :offtopic: We were talking about Russia here, weren't we?

Thank you Wendy for the accurate figures. I am slowly learning not to pass on speculative information, but I got caught on the video of the candidates marching, marching past the camera. Too good to be true, SNAP! and I was caught. :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

24 minutes ago, Old said:

Thank you Wendy for the accurate figures. I am slowly learning not to pass on speculative information, but I got caught on the video of the candidates marching, marching past the camera. Too good to be true, SNAP! and I was caught. :(

It's ok Jerry ......not to worry we  have all been guilty one time or another . The video is impressive though and as Linda says it's 2017  RC theme .  Probably  Ukraine as was mentioned.  

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170509a.html

Jehovah's Witness blogger sets record straight

MYTHS AND FACTS. WHAT IS THE SITUATION FOR JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES IN RUSSIA NOW?

by Anton Chivchalo

Translated from here: http://www.portal-credo.ru/site/?act=news&id=125721

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I knew that it would be only a matter of time!  :crying: 

http://www.portal-credo.ru/site/?act=news&id=126601

June 30, 2017, 22:51   Print

Jehovah's Witness, died in the Crimean Jankoi from a massive heart attack after being convicted by a court of "illegal missionary"

67-year-old Vitaly Jankoi Arsenyuk died of a massive heart attack after a court hearing on charges it to "illegal missionary activity", chaired by the magistrate Alkhaz Tulparov. As reported June 30, "Krym.Realii" site , the trial took place on June 27, and Vitaly Arsenyuk died that very night.

A man accused of an offense under Part 4 of Article 5.26 of the Administrative Code (exercise of missionary activity in violation of the requirements of the legislation).

Arsenyuk headed the local community of Jehovah's Witnesses to ban organizations in Russia. Together with other believers, he conducted the service, prayed, sang, read and studied the Bible. In May, several times summoned to the Russian prosecutor's office.

Earlier in June, it was reported that a military commission Bakhchsarai area annexed Crimea demanded conscript follower of Jehovah's Witnesses provide "a document on the change of faith."

April 20 The Supreme Court of Russia declared ekstremistckoy and banned the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. The court's decision has not come into force - considering complaints of Jehovah's Witnesses to this decision is scheduled for July 17th.

Edited by Omo_Yeme

The Kremlin has turned away from the ROC. Church threatens political split

<< The relationship between the Administration and the President of the ROC (Russian Orthodox Church) seriously cooled, according to "FederalPress" a source close to the AP. The Kremlin has lowered the brakes on the initiative of the Church, including the issue of transfer of St. Isaac's Cathedral. Against this background, Patriarch Kirill position weakened, and the influence of Bishop Tikhon Putin strengthened. Tikhon lobbied several major federal appointments, while Kirill collects a closed meeting with political scientists to solve problems with the image. All of this has led to conflict within the leadership of the ROC. >>

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "