JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 601 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Thank you..yes..I remember years ago in NC we had the assignment for a month..it was hard.😌

That doesn't sound like a LDC decision. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

20 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Thank you..yes..I remember years ago in NC we had the assignment for a month..it was hard.😌

Update! Cleaning is "primarily" after each meeting for a month..Our limitations were taken into consideration, which is encouraging!😀

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

21 hours ago, Qapla said:

Our Hall still schedules cleaning on the weekly schedule. I do not think the Branch has given instructions for monthly scheduling, this sounds like something the local BOE has decided.

*** km 8/03 p. 3 Let Us Keep Our Place of Worship in Good Repair ***

Let Us Keep Our Place of Worship in Good Repair

"3 A schedule for the weekly cleaning of the Kingdom Hall should be posted on the information board. All book study groups should take turns in cleaning the hall each week, following a list of things to be done. All who are able need to share in the weekly privilege of keeping the Kingdom Hall clean and presentable. With parental supervision, children can be included, thereby teaching them to show appreciation for this privilege. Especially when more than one congregation uses a Kingdom Hall, good cooperation is essential so that caring for this important aspect of our worship does not fall on just a few."

I think the emphasis is in making sure the cleaning is done on a weekly basis

We post assignments for the month. Each group will have the assignment for after meeting cleaning for one month. With three groups in our congregation that privilege comes around every three months. 

Deep cleaning is done every week end. The assignment is given to one group for a whole calendar month. Care is taken so no group has the deep or heavy cleaning the same month they have after meeting cleaning. There are 13 groups among the three congregations that meet in our hall so a single group only has this responsibility once every 13 months.

The response has been good on the part of the three congregations. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Next month LDC is doing a SOW for the AH video wall. I thought SOW was Service Overseer Wife but it means Scope Of Work. We get video walls next year.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 9/14/2018 at 1:13 PM, Old said:

*** km 8/03 p. 3 Let Us Keep Our Place of Worship in Good Repair ***

Let Us Keep Our Place of Worship in Good Repair

"3 A schedule for the weekly cleaning of the Kingdom Hall should be posted on the information board. All book study groups should take turns in cleaning the hall each week, following a list of things to be done. All who are able need to share in the weekly privilege of keeping the Kingdom Hall clean and presentable. With parental supervision, children can be included, thereby teaching them to show appreciation for this privilege. Especially when more than one congregation uses a Kingdom Hall, good cooperation is essential so that caring for this important aspect of our worship does not fall on just a few."

I think the emphasis is in making sure the cleaning is done on a weekly basis

We post assignments for the month. Each group will have the assignment for after meeting cleaning for one month. With three groups in our congregation that privilege comes around every three months. 

Deep cleaning is done every week end. The assignment is given to one group for a whole calendar month. Care is taken so no group has the deep or heavy cleaning the same month they have after meeting cleaning. There are 13 groups among the three congregations that meet in our hall so a single group only has this responsibility once every 13 months.

The response has been good on the part of the three congregations. 

Thanks..that makes sense! What is included in deep cleaning? Does the assigned group do it every weekend of their assigned month..or just once in their assigned month?

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Anybody else get LDC surveys recently?

My wife and I recently received a few surveys from VSG - volunteer support group 

was wondering if it a regional thing ... or if they are ramping up this are at Hurricane season

or if others get these surveys to determine your skill set and level of experience/skill?

15 minutes ago, DarinS said:

Anybody else get LDC surveys recently?

My wife and I recently received a few surveys from VSG - volunteer support group 

was wondering if it a regional thing ... or if they are ramping up this are at Hurricane season

or if others get these surveys to determine your skill set and level of experience/skill?

No, actually I've never heard of a survey. When I submitted my DC-50 I was told to list my skills on Builders Assistant and keep it up to date.

Yes, I have recently taken 3 surveys

One was for a skill I have actively been doing since before any quick build arrangements even existed and still do now

One was for a skill I recently worked as for DIsaster Relief

One for a skill I have never been used for with LDC or RBC before we had LDC

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 9:01 AM, Tortuga said:

Next month LDC is doing a SOW for the AH video wall. I thought SOW was Service Overseer Wife but it means Scope Of Work. We get video walls next year.

I just met a brother Saxon from South Carolina. Anyone here know him?

16 minutes ago, Gi-Gi said:

What does the email say so I can search for it is it from builder assist or JW.org?

I went back and looked.  It was through the Society's Sharepoint access (not BA). The address looks like it was addressed to the zone as a group (not nationwide).  Perhaps each zone did the survey).

4 minutes ago, DarinS said:

Big LDC meeting at assembly halll this coming weekend (3 days)

probably a few hundred folks

seems like LDC (oversight) from islands and some states also included

looking forward to some updates

There have been a few LDC Design group meetings at our AH. They are open room workshops so different disciplines and crafts can collaborate.

We just had a 2 hour training class for DIsaster Relief - it covered how to volunteer and how to follow direction - as well as some other aspects of assisting.

I have also gotten a couple phone calls asking me if I would be willing to teach some LDC training classes ... I was a bit surprised but I said I was willing. Of course, this is just the first step in this process. I am sure I was not the only one called. I was told I may get a follow-up call ... but, I may not  :shrugs:  seems these first calls are to see who is "willing" - the decision as to who will be assigned will come later.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

My zone and the one next to me have made 3 requests this week.  I am going to a training class in Cleveland, but I had to turn down one of the calls and have put the other on temporary hold..  The training class is in Electrical (I think it is safety).  It looks like we are "gearing-up" for more work ahead.

Our Disaster Relief Support meeting is next month...2 hrs long with  about 3 brothers delivering key parts

we have also recently gotten calls to ask if we would help in Maint training in certain areas...if the local hall does not have that skill set 

now with another hurricane today  .... I imagine the prep work willl see fruition.....like th AM ...a brother mentioned even more natural disasters

and we can assist....

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)