JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hurricane Irma could be the next weather disaster

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just checked, Irma is a category 6 or more [?] never happened before.  If it doesn't fizzle out, East Coast - Just get ready. Jehovah will take care of you, but do all what you can do. Like, now.
Brother Jack I did some research on a category 6 hurricane since someone had posted info about a 6 on Facebook. Well I found out there has never been a 6. 5 is the highest category. That's not to say in the future, the weather service won't add another #. I believe the highest winds in a cat 5 is 215 mph winds, which I don't believe has ever happened.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Is the Watchtower Education Center in the path of the storm? 

Since the path has yet to be determined, we do not know if Palm Coast will be in the path. Palm Coast is on the east coast north of Daytona. If Irma decides to ride the east coast up the state, like some models show, Palm Coats will get heavy rain and the area where the facility is a bit low lying and can be prone to flooding. Time will tell

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

Since the path has yet to be determined, we do not know if Palm Coast will be in the path. Palm Coast is on the east coast north of Daytona. If Irma decides to ride the east coast up the state, like some models show, Palm Coats will get heavy rain and the area where the facility is a bit low lying and can be prone to flooding.

Ai yai yai.

I live in the Netherlands, watching the news, and the things I see are unbelievable sint maarten is totally destroyed, and 2 other hurricanes are still coming, no phone electricity, water, food, communication. people are looting cause they have nothing.

We have to pray really hard for the brothers and sisters in the affected areas.

3 minutes ago, Sylv said:

My niece from St. Maarten posted that her internet is sporadic right now. They lost almost everything, and now await Jose without doors or windows. She says many people are looting like crazy and it is horrible there.

This is worrying = any subsequent hurricanes don't need to be as big to do total damage because of the havoc already wrecked by Irma.  ... All of us no matter where on earth we are - are subject to the unknown anytime ... prayers to all affected right now, and prayers that anything in the future our brothers and sisters will choose wise courses and stay safe. I also hope those in the community who we preach to are safe too.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

636403976340100550-1vgv2s.jpg

Only three Category 5 hurricanes have ever hit the United States: Andrew (1992), Camille (1969) and an unnamed storm in 1935. As of now, Irma is expected to lose a little steam and become a Category 4 before it hits the United States.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/09/07/heres-how-big-hurricane-irma-compared-florida/644635001/

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Elders last night said if there is a mandatory evacuation and you need shelter go to a church shelter if necessary.They said you are not their for worship but for shelter.Since brother and sister are opening their homes for our south Florida friends .that must be the last option in my opinion.

I haven't read or heard much about what happened in the Dominican Republic or Haiti.
It seems that the eye of the storm has remained at sea and they hopefully didn't get hit and hurt as much as in the Leeward islands 
Here in the Dominican Republic some areas up North got hit a bit hard but nothing similar to the small islands like Berbuda.

In the South coast where I live in the evening yesterday we got a bit of rain and wind.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

The son of a brother in our area lives in Miami and he drove to Sarasota to avoid the storm and then went back to Miami when the storm changed direction. :eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D