JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pure Worship under attack in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2215 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Awaiting the time, (soon, very, very soon) when my blood won't be boiling because of witnessing such blatant INjustice. :(

noun. 1. the quality or fact of being unjust; inequity. 2. violation of the rights of others; unjust or unfair action or treatment;

absence of justice : violation of right or of the rights of another : unfairness. 2 : an unjust act : wrong.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I do not have a doubt even for a second that Jehovah will intervene when its best time to show his name and how much he loves his loyal servants. It might seem for some people at the moment that Jehovah is far away from the ongoing problem in Russia or he doesn’t exist but no, Jehovah is with us and knows what to do, when to do and most importantly how to do!. Its jist matter of the time.

Edited by Guri

4 hours ago, Guri said:

I do not have a doubt even for a second that Jehovah will intervene when its best time to show his name and how much he loves his loyal servants. It might seem for some people at the moment that Jehovah is far away from the ongoing problem in Russia or he doesn’t exist but no, Jehovah is with us and knows what to do, when to do and most importantly how to do!. Its jist matter of the time.

Agreed.

In some way, in all of this, Jehovah will make himself known. His name WILL be sanctified. And vindicated! :thumbsup:

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

3 hours ago, Bob said:

I got so upset, so upset watching this that my head hurts, seriously.

Four minute deliberation on 7 hours worth of testimony. Unbelievable.

Yeah. And, the prosecution was just some kid that uttered a couple statements and asked no questions. They knew what the verdict was going to be from the start. What a mockery of the court system.

Edited by digital_dreamer

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

Brother Sanderson's remarks at the end was truly comforting...and on point as he read Jesus' words from Matthew 10:17-22:

Be on your guard against men, for they will hand you over to local courts and they will scourge you in their synagogues. And you will be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations.  However, when they hand you over, do not become anxious about how or what you are to speak, for what you are to speak will be given you in that hour;  for the ones speaking are not just you, but it is the spirit of your Father that speaks by you. Further, brother will hand brother over to death, and a father his child, and children will rise up against parents and will have them put to death. And you will be hated by all people on account of my name, but the one who has endured to the end will be saved.

Blatant as this injustice is, it is to be expected in these last days as Jesus forewarned. And very soon it is by Jehovah's hand that "people of the nations" will know that He is the one true God!  (I'm so glad he mentioned Brother Dennis Christensen's trial is coming up soon and that his wife can now visit him). And too, our valiant brothers/attorneys will not back down and their courage in the courtroom, in the face of fierce opposition, is a source of encouragement for us all. My prayers continue for our Russian family! :bible2:

The witness given is very powerful.  And the judge knows it. I'm grateful we are privy to what our family in Russia are going through, so they know they are not alone.  We are all watching and praying and very much encouraged to stand shoulder to shoulder with our brothers and sisters there.

This stood out for me. At -  21:52 Br. Sanderson says:

What can we say brothers, about this attack on pure worship in Russia? Jehovah foretold, that during Christ's presence the kings of the earth and high officials would take there stand against Jehovah and his anointed one. We find that in:

(Psalm 2:1-3) Why are the nations agitated And the peoples muttering an empty thing?  2 The kings of the earth take their stand And high officials gather together as one Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.  3 They say: “Let us tear off their shackles And throw off their ropes!”

Thus we are not surprised to see this direct attack on Jehovah's name, His precious word the Bible and his faithful worshippers on this earth

7 hours ago, digital_dreamer said:

Yeah. And, the prosecution was just some kid that uttered a couple statements and asked no questions. They knew what the verdict was going to be from the start. What a mockery of the court system.

I'm glad Brother Moses said outright what we thought all along... that the court was just going through the legal formalities to give it a semblance of justice, since the decision had already been made beforehand. Shame on Russia!

KangarooCourt.jpg.d4cb09f826d0109f7e0ef7a890a609fd.jpg

My opinion, just my opinion...if this attack against Jehovah's name, Word and people doesn't prove who is the KOTN, I don't know what else to expect... :confused::angry::nuke::upset:

Don't worry, the great tribulation is just around the corner. ..:pray:

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

I'm glad Brother Moses said outright what we thought all along... that the court was just going through the legal formalities to give it a semblance of justice, since the decision had already been made beforehand. Shame on Russia!

KangarooCourt.jpg.d4cb09f826d0109f7e0ef7a890a609fd.jpg

This is surely the most apropos depiction of a ...kangaroo court...that

I have ever seen!

14 hours ago, digital_dreamer said:

If any positive can be taken from this, its:

1) Everyone sees that this is a total sham

2) The ROC (Russian Church) Bible DOES NOT support the trinity and recognizes Jehovah's name

This is really a tremendous witness as Sanderson said.

5 hours ago, Bob said:

If any positive can be taken from this, its:

1) Everyone sees that this is a total sham

2) The ROC (Russian Church) Bible DOES NOT support the trinity and recognizes Jehovah's name

This is really a tremendous witness as Sanderson said.

I agree , a FABULOUS witness is being given.  Jesus said Jehovah would allow this for a witness, that is the purpose, to these High Officials know the issue at hand, and can personally be held accountable for their action.  This is not going on in secret, the world is watching.  I must admit the sight  of armed police in the Assembly hall hurt my heart and I had to take a couple of deep breaths .... but I remind myself that Jehovah is in full control.  All their armies are just a drop in the ocean of our mighty God and His warrior king; every time in the bible when people have challenged Jehovah and his name they have come out the losers, this will be no exception. 

I pray that all our brothers and sisters in Russia, especially Br  Christensen take courage in Jehovah, keep their joy and know how much we love them.

10 minutes ago, Victoria said:

It is so comforting to know that the Governing body and many other brothers and sisters think about JWs in Russia and pray for them! 

Good news from Russia: many inactive ones became active again after the ban.

Yes we do think about YOU 

it’s interesting that around 70% of public prayers in my congregation include Russian and other persecuted brothers and sisters. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Yesterday we had a company with brothers and sisters that some of them were from Russia. They told us details about some tactics they use in ministry and meeting and some of them have to return back to Russia today. With some of them became very very good friends of us. 

The time we had to say goodbye each other was full emotions. It was the awkward that we felt that propably we won't see them again and last night I couldn't sleep well because of this. Only prayers 

20 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Yesterday we had a company with brothers and sisters that some of them were from Russia. They told us details about some tactics they use in ministry and meeting and some of them have to return back to Russia today. With some of them became very very good friends of us. 

The time we had to say goodbye each other was full emotions. It was the awkward that we felt that propably we won't see them again and last night I couldn't sleep well because of this. Only prayers 

Ouzo, 

It is really sad but Jehovah will do something soon, he wll not let satan to do that for long. We can pray and wait on Jehovah, he never fails. 

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

They told us details about some tactics they use in ministry and meeting 

If I'm honest I will admit to some trepidation when I started to read this sentence.  I  was a little bit afraid that you were going to say how our Brothers were accomplishing their Ministry. 

I  apologize. ...

I should have given you more credit than that and known that you would not give away any secrets. ....please,  forgive my error in judgment. ..

I am happy that you got to spend some quality time with Family and Friends and that the next time you see them the joy will be the sweeter for the experiences they can share. ...

10 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

If I'm honest I will admit to some trepidation when I started to read this sentence.  I  was a little bit afraid that you were going to say how our Brothers were accomplishing their Ministry. 

I  apologize. ...

No need to apologize. I would never said anything and I will not speak even to close friends of me that I know they can't handle right these infos.

Just only one thing: Now I'm much more proud of them :crying:

“So prophesy, son of man, and say to Gog, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: “On that day when my people Israel are dwelling in security, will you not know it? 15 You will come from your place, from the remotest parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great assembly, a vast army. 16 Like clouds covering the land, you will come against my people Israel. In the final part of the days I will bring you against my land so that the nations may know me when I sanctify myself through you before their eyes, O Gog.”’

Eze 38:14-16

The expression I will bring you against my land shows that Jehovah is ALWAYS in control. (Now and in the future)

Russian brothers can take comfort from these words.

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 2 months later...