JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

I just got home from our local grocery store. The guy at the cash register was telling another co-worker that he was told that every 1/2 hour he has to clean (assume disinfect) his screen, cash register, and other stuff he touches. 

The other guy said “because of what’s happening?” “Yeah, the Coronavirus. Isn’t that stupid?” 

Musta been the manager of the store. 

Sports fans are going to be mighty bored.

NHL, (hockey) MLB (Baseball) delays spring training, 

All Michigan winter tournaments have been cancelled.

A few Michigan universities are going to online classes now. One is about 40 miles away from me. (Another decision will be made the end of March)    The other is down state. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

“Saying, ‘There is peace!’ when there is no peace.” (Eze 13:10)

Today, some politicians are saying, “it’s under control!” when it’s not under control.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

O O, Ross’ husband John won’t like this.

March Madness (basketball) has been cancelled. Until further notice. 😳

No squeaky tennis shoes. 😁😁😁😁.        👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

The JW.org front page article now talks about four horsemen of Revelation with this byline: “The prophecy about the rider of the pale horse is notably being fulfilled by global disease epidemics in our time.”

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

USA map from NY Times

image.png.c4e0625f05375129ee36a8c725f87af6.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

8 hours ago, Lee49 said:

This graph from Sister Barbara's post above, Interesting!

2020-03-12_08h38_21.png

All those are based on track records - this has not had time to create a track record ... this is a game changer, please don't underestimate it even if we as individuals don't get it - our vulnerable ones need protecting. 

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

A week ago the Pale Horse was a little behind, as of today the Pale Horse is catching up!

1257999404_oldpalehorse.png.abb66934c90d8399dd87f4304e9445e1.png
1462206802_Newpalehorse2.png.cdd9f5f32a73a7a1402abb7fa33598cf.png

The galloping is intensifying by all horses.....the manifestation of the first rider's presence is going to pop any day now!

2 Thessalonians 2:8 
Then, indeed, the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will do away with by the spirit of his mouth and bring to nothing by the manifestation of his presence.

9 minutes ago, My little flower said:

The letter read in our congregation said don't panic or cause alarm but hear, observe, analyze and anticipate.

Was read in our congregation too.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

The mayor of Los Angeles had a press conference and mentioned no meetings over 50 people.  With that being said, many congregations will have no choice but to cancel the meetings.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/03/12/coronavirus-covid-19-los-angeles-la-city-hall-closed-mayor-garcetti/

O O, Ross’ husband John won’t like this.

March Madness (basketball) has been cancelled. Until further notice.

No squeaky tennis shoes. .        

OT
When in world I got married during March Madness, I was a rabid college basketball fan, wish I got married later in year....I'm still in the doghouse...I might get out this year since no Tourney!

32 minutes ago, BPelder said:

The mayor of Los Angeles had a press conference and mentioned no meetings over 50 people.  With that being said, many congregations will have no choice but to cancel the meetings.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/03/12/coronavirus-covid-19-los-angeles-la-city-hall-closed-mayor-garcetti/

what about the friends meeting in smaller groups .   In homes perhaps.    Is that frowned on?

On 3/7/2020 at 3:57 PM, Lee49 said:

Funny story, or not - Today I went to the local grocery store for a few items, there's an older woman who cooks and offers free samples of the "featured item" that the store is offering, well she has always impressed me because she can hardly walk with issues in both legs/hips yet she walks without any kind of aid! Here is the story ,  we did our usual greetings as I briefly always do and stopped to ask how the food prep was going " taking any extra precautions" I asked her, "Oh yes, I just got back from Seattle 2 weeks ago" "oh yeah" I said, slowly backing away then saying " I guess you're glad to get away from there" "yes "she exclaimed. Now for this, I went to the produce section where a young brother from my congregation works and jokingly said to him "remember the 6 foot rule" he then told me they just had a customer pass out near the front door! WHAT! I'm outta here! (jokingly stated) 😉

2020-03-07_15h56_10.png

So, how are you feeling today? Any flu like symptoms?

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

2 hours ago, booboo said:

This made me think that maybe ask first of the BOE if giving out the link is permissible.  I see in some other posts that there maybe a only certain number of people that can link in from separate locations.  

OH yeah u r right. So true. But I keep reading other posts in areas that are canceling the campaign and only invite fridnds, family, coworkers, etc.  So what are they inviting them to?  A live memorial, an observance in their home? 

8 hours ago, zoebarry said:

My current job is going door to door to help people get off the expensive PG&E utility and switch to utilizing solar by using our free solar panels

Ohhh.......😳

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D