JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

10 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

https://time.com/5799964/coronavirus-face-mask-asia-us/

An interesting article about why some people wear masks and some dont. 

I suppose you have to weigh up the health benefits against the chance of being attacked etc. What a world.

3 hours ago, Thesauron said:

“Saying, ‘There is peace!’ when there is no peace.” (Eze 13:10)

Today, some politicians are saying, “it’s under control!” when it’s not under control.

I wonder if some authorities are trying to stretch things out until the Easter school holidays. (3rd April here.)

They don’t want people having to skip work to look after their kids. 

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Springbreak here starting Friday and Ontario government extended it to April 6th.

PM and wife self isolated until the test for her comes back, possibly later today.

Just waiting to hear about CA this weekend, however with our health we will view recorded CA.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

23 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I saw this and tho it was at first amusing...it made me think how things will get soon or how they may already be in some places. Historic day in the stock market and this virus hasn’t even halfway done imo

Those sisters have some manly voices! 👀😄

It was announced at our meeting that it's OK if older and/or infirm ones do not participate in the Memorial campaign because of being especially vulnerable to the virus..I think he meant the door to door aspect..very considerate..he said it was from the Branch.."our mother''.. so I guess when we get old we are like children again! I can see that!:itsoksign:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Our midweek meeting has been cancelled. There is a policy that says all should be 6 feet apart form others. Six feet. California stuff. Part of the reason we are reacting so is because the government has put these stipulations on us. 
CO is coming next week. 
This is all unsettling. If I miss a meeting, I’m off track. So, I will have to concentrate on keeping up, and making sure my state of mind is where it should be. 
Exciting times, friends!

Today was a day that most of our congregation got together to help a dear family pack up to move. It’s been two day,  event, and we pretty well have it wrapped up. 
An elder was there. He said things are almost changing by the hour. 
And, he said, “this basement busting”, will not be as easy as some may think. (Gulp) 

I told him exciting times are ahead, and all we have to do is cooperate with arrangements. 
Who knows something of what we have been doing Now, may be in preparation for what is going on today! 
Once it starts rolling, I suspect it will be fast!

Edited by Miss Bea

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/12/814881355/white-house-knew-coronavirus-would-be-a-major-threat-but-response-fell-short?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

"It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

"Well, in his remarks, the president didn't address the biggest problem - that our domestic health infrastructure is not ready for this, partly because of his administration. We're still wildly behind on testing that was botched by the Centers for Disease Control. We don't have enough supplies, like respirators. Our hospitals and doctors are almost certainly going to face real challenges as demand spikes."

I'm not surprised but somehow shocked all the same. Maybe just extremely disgusted.

A problem they are having in Italy is that they have set up beds for critical care in corridors and operating theatres.

So what does that mean?

It means they are turning away stroke victims, trauma victims, heart attack victims. 

Their words not mine.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

9 minutes ago, Nirex said:

So then... is this the GT?

No.  This is the dying throes of the last days. The great tribulation starts with the demise of False Religion. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Ohio:  https://www.columbusalive.com/news/20200312/ohio-to-ban-gatherings-of-more-than-100-people-amid-coronavirus-concerns

The effect of the ban, which does not apply to grocery stores, forms of transit, weddings, funerals or religious gatherings, will be immediately felt by independent concert promoters, venues, arts organizations and musicians

In reality the government can not ban people from gathering for religious reason in the United States.  The Constitution prevents that in the First Amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

However, it is a sign of love for neighbor and a respect for governmental authorities that we follow their direction and limit attendance or even cancel meetings and assemblies during this time.  

I have heard from another congregation in our circuit that they announced tonight all circuit assemblies in Ohio are canceled.   Meetings are being canceled and the memorial campaign is being adjusted.  We are to limit our invitations to friends and family or send invitations by text or email.  Congregations are limited to only one congregation in attendance per memorial location.  If plans for combined memorials were made, those plans need to be changed.  That is what I've heard through the rumor mill.

12 minutes ago, Nirex said:

So then... is this the GT?

NO!

The Great Tribulation starts when the governments attack false religion.  That is not happening at this time.  Coronavirus is not the government and religion is not under attack.  As a matter of fact, the governor of Ohio specifically stated that religious institutions are exempted from the ban on large public gatherings.

3 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

No.  This is the dying throes of the last days. The great tribulation starts with the demise of False Religion. 

I know, but the way people are talking with the letters, and adding their comments of basement busting and such, I was getting kinda scared.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

11 minutes ago, Nirex said:

I know, but the way people are talking with the letters, and adding their comments of basement busting and such, I was getting kinda scared.

Don't be scared. Do trust your leadership. Jesus knows what's going on, listen to the men he directs....

Listen. Obey. Be Blessed...

2 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Don't be scared. Do trust your leadership. Jesus knows what's going on, listen to the men he directs....

This is the summary of what my brothers said last night.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Yes, while there are benefits to see how it is being addressed worldwide, we need to temper this emotional response with a conscious approach to follow our local 'chain of command'.
Trust the King and his arrangements.

Just Older

1 hour ago, Nirex said:

My dear sister ... Jehovah has his people whether things blow over or they get worse. 

Go and have another look at the Hezekiah Movie - He was scared too, nothing wrong with fear, as long as it's well founded and you put your trust in Jehovah ... it HAS to get worse so we can cross the road to the other side. We knew this ... have courage ... and think about what you are going to do in the New System picture yourself there doing what you love - make that your reality. We are all standing beside you as your brotherhood ... we want to see Jehovah's name vindicated and sanctified, and if this is the direction it's going then it is what it is.