JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

1 minute ago, Shawnster said:

That's only the attack on Babylon the Great, right?  The current UN structure can work on anything the Security Council agrees on.  If all world leaders hearts are moved to destroy religion, the UN can do it. 

Yep. I’m of course thinking ahead.

I’ve said elsewhere I’m not interested in the head butting going on other than how it affects our brothers and sisters. 
Im looking for some change that would enable them all to work together by means of the UN to destroy Babylon the great and prior to that the saying of peace and security. The rest is a waste of brain power. 😊

57 minutes ago, careful said:

have never in my life prepared a goose for dinner. how do you get the feathers off???its a long way from landing on your head to eating with sauce.....they  must know a thing or two more about how to do it than anyone i know.

🤣🤣🤣 I have no idea. In the US this is not a common thing to eat. If I was starving and it dropped on my lap, I would probably deal with it like a chicken. 

My mother grew up in the country where they butchered chickens. She said they cut their heads off and hung them upside down to bleed them. They put them in hot water and pulled the feathers out. 

None of this sounds pleasant, but hey, if you get hungry enough...

Next time I talk to her, I will ask.  I'm curious if this is something commonly eaten over there. 

3 hours ago, Saffron said:

I have a quick story for you. 

My friend over there is still alive. She just  shared a story about a family there completely running out of food. They prayed and prayed hard. Right as the prayer concluded a bomb exploded nearby and a goose landed almost on top of the brother. He waited, thinking that this goose belonged to someone, but no one came. There was dinner. 

I saw a picture of the family standing there holding that goose. What struck me is that were all smiling, and those smiles looked genuine. As horrible of a situation as they are in, they are being cared for and their appreciation really shows. 

Taught me a lesson for sure. Need to work on adjusting my attitude about certain things in my own life. 

Always pray and keep the faith!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

47 minutes ago, Saffron said:

🤣🤣🤣 I have no idea. In the US this is not a common thing to eat. If I was starving and it dropped on my lap, I would probably deal with it like a chicken. 

My mother grew up in the country where they butchered chickens. She said they cut their heads off and hung them upside down to bleed them. They put them in hot water and pulled the feathers out. 

None of this sounds pleasant, but hey, if you get hungry enough...

Next time I talk to her, I will ask.  I'm curious if this is something commonly eaten over there. 

In rural America eating of geese ia quite common. Roasted goose is the preferred way. It is different than chicken or turkey. The fat congeals at a higher temperatur than chicken fat whick makes it kind of clingy. I like it, my wife hates it but since it is hardto comeby in the city we are spared the arguement.

Years ago in Madras Oregon we pioneers could purchase a life goose for at little as a dollar. These geese had been use to eat bugs and weeds in the mint fields and the mint flavor permiated the meat. Starving pioneers will eat anything with thanks giving.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

58 minutes ago, Saffron said:

My mother grew up in the country where they butchered chickens. She said they cut their heads off and hung them upside down to bleed them. They put

Same here in Portugal 

Geese also same and turkeys 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

11 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Good question. The easy speculation is that Putin takes advantage of NATO not getting involved, the hostilities escalate and the UN finally grows some teeth and does something dramatic. 

Did you catch the news about all the companies pulling out of Russia?

Reminds me of the scripture about all the merchants at a distance etc from BTG.. ( We know Russia is not BTG , but the similarity is eerie )

50 minutes ago, Susan Cook said:

Did you catch the news about all the companies pulling out of Russia?

Reminds me of the scripture about all the merchants at a distance etc from BTG.. ( We know Russia is not BTG , but the similarity is eerie )

That's like a rehearsal for the GT to come... :D

So many companies have pulled out of Russia that the ones remaining are easy to identify. People are pushing them to leave too. If they didn't comply, people would likely become angry and boycott them, so there choices may be limited here. 

Follow up on the hospital bombing. First they said let me ask our military. Then they called it "information terrorism." Fake news. I know they all lie and carry on, but they don't even bother to spread their lies out into different paragraphs anymore. 

If anyone wants to read about their response to the pile of rubble that used to be a hospital: 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-says-claim-bombed-childrens-060333348.html

And thanks for the information on geese. I never knew that anyone in the US ate them. I would probably be too dense to think of food and would have sat there petting him. 😅

5 hours ago, Sofia said:

Maybe... its time to see this being fullfilled soon:  Luke 21: 25  “Also, there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars,b and on the earth anguish of nations not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and its agitation. 26  People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken"

As far as I remember is the description of events during the GT. But a small roar here and there will happen before it for sure. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

5 hours ago, rolypoly said:

Maybe Poland can give those migs to the UN to transfer to Ukraine.  Get the ball rolling.

Very unlikely. Poland doesn’t want to do anything alone because Iskanders  can come at us. That’s why our PM tried to make a deal to give them to NATO and NATO to Ukraine, so NATO could be blamed by Kremlin and not only one country. But NATO says it’s too difficult logistically and they leave this as independent Polish matter. Zeleski comment that they should stop playing ping-pong and finally made their mind. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

Pardon my musings....

I have been thinking about a little detail about the Russian/Ukraine situation that I don't see talked about.  Yes, this is a bully nation being aggressive and brutal, many civilians are dying, millions of people are now refugees from war.....

But this has all happened before in recent years.  Many times this whole scenario has played out in Africa with families running for their lives and then living in refugee camps for decades.  And look at the Rohingyas in Myanmar.  We might hear outrage expressed but we didn't see companies pulling their business out of the countries or blocking imports.  Why is the entire world invested in this conflict in a way that has not happened in the past?  Is there a racial component?  Are white babies on the news more sympathetic than black or brown babies? The suffering is no greater.  Is it because Russia is larger and stronger? Scarier to the world in general? Is it because of the threat to NATO?

I think I've concluded that it is just has to be fulfillment of Bible prophecy.  It's not The Who, it's The When.  For the final prophecies to be fulfilled the globe needs to coalesce and that may have begun with the fight against Covid-19 and moved along with the threat of WWIII.  I just don't want to diminish what the victims in other conflicts have gone through.  I know Jehovah doesn't. ❤️ 

2 hours ago, Californiamama said:

Why is the entire world invested in this conflict in a way that has not happened in the past?

Exactly! :thumbsup:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, Geralyn said:

This is older info but from a Hungarian man with roots there...  it rounds out a story you don't hear on the "news".

How could I actually confirm if this legitimate? I have a hard time trusting some random person that has a YouTube page. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

2 hours ago, Californiamama said:

I just don't want to diminish what the victims in other conflicts have gone through.  I know Jehovah doesn't. ❤️ 

I have to agree. Other recent conflicts remind us that until it “hurts” KoS in some obvious way (visuals are everything), then most governments tut tut or give minor assistance.

Remember Russia involved itself with Assad in Syria’s civil war. They called that a fight on terrorism. They bombed cities and towns to oblivion claiming insurgents were hiding amongst civilians. This hasn’t stopped. It’s just the West walked away and stopped reporting. But those poor civilians caught in the crossfire are no different to the poor Ukrainians. We hope there are no brothers stuck in Syria still. And the Russians are still bombing there. 

But this is a different war because it is fulfilling Bible prophecy with God’s organisation affected by KoN and KoS activities. And we wait and see how far along we are to events that are beyond what the world has ever experienced or will ever experience again. 

9 minutes ago, Geralyn said:

This is older info but from a Hungarian man with roots there...  it rounds out a story you don't hear on the "news".

It's one thing to post news video.

Completely different is to post video that expresses viewpoint that is not neutral. 

This video is not news related, but opinion related, therefore we need to be exercising caution when viewing such material as it can "bend" us to take emotional/mental side on the conflict. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Newscasters get paid to slant the news to appeal to a larger audience. YouTubers get paid when they slant their opinions to appeal to a larger audience. Perhaps the newscasters and YouTubers are telling all of truth, part of the truth or none of the truth. We can't trust newscasters because they are newscasters and we can't trust YouTubers because they aren't newscasters. We need to filter everything we hear with our scripturally trained wisdom and discernment.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

12 minutes ago, trottigy said:

How could I actually confirm if this legitimate? I

I get your point... But I have seen so many lies from those with accreditation I wonder how anyone holds an arguable point anymore.  And I know this confusion is by design.   I will say his points agree with MANY things I have seen in alt news over the last month and even with Prez Putin's translated explanation of what he is out to accomplish.    Can't swear to but it is a diff perspective to compare with...    I have heard the prolonging of this mess helps the globalist team...   US will be crushed economically by then and that goes along with all WH decisions made since the elections.   Remember the last conflict was less than a decade ago this MIGHT NOT be the "end all" we are hoping for.  Still it's obvious things are changing in that direction.

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

We need to filter everything we hear with our scripturally trained wisdom and discernment.

Amen      

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

How could I actually confirm if this legitimate? I have a hard time trusting some random person that has a YouTube page. 

And that's my question to all individuals who do not trust western government corporate mainstream media. What is your criteria, your litmus test use use to determine what is trustworthy and what is not. 

Here is a litmus test the Watchtower suggests

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/501100022?q=trust+media&p=par

Ask yourself: ‘Is the content legitimate news or just a meme?’

Ask yourself: ‘Does this news report blur the line between fact and opinion or present only one side of the story?’

Ask yourself: ‘Do I trust this information just because it is what I want to believe?’

Ask yourself: ‘Am I sharing this information because I know it is true?’

If your main criteria for accepting a news source is "anything that is opposite government corporate mainstream media" then aren't you really trusting this alternate source simply because you want to believe? 

36 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Russian officials have requested an emergency UN Security Council meeting due to “the military biological activities of the US on the territory of Ukraine.”

Get the 🍿 ready!!!

I do not see anything on the news, do you have link to this? 

Edit: found it. The United Nations security council has just confirmed it will convene on Friday at Russia’s request, diplomats said, to discuss Moscow’s claims, presented without evidence, of US biological activities in Ukraine.https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2022/mar/10/ukraine-news-russia-war-kyiv-vladimir-putin-volodymyr-zelenskiy-russian-invasion-hospital-bombing-latest-live-updates

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

aren't you really trusting this alternate source simply because you want to believe? 

I don't want ANY of it to be true.... "Let Thy Kingdom Come!"   BUT there is a team of reporters, some very high in military, medical and legal qualifications that have in other administrations and times been deemed heroes but now have been "canceled" for calling out things against the narrative.  This is a very fluid time in history and while I am old and decrepit (but still in this world) the news from their perspective makes a LOT of sense, so I share it, on occasion...