JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

9 hours ago, Sofia said:

Just been published:

KEEP ON THE WATCH!

Refugee Crisis—Millions Flee Ukraine

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/ukraine-refugee-crisis-bible-meaning-hope/

Just a side point, I noticed the article twice referred to "military invasion". We're neutral, but we won't repeat propaganda to placate one side or the other.

On 3/11/2022 at 1:04 AM, Dustparticle said:

Hatchet Mollys

http://mollyshatchet.com/

Taking sharp, heavy objects and throwing them around can be an exhilarating activity when done in a controlled environment. Fortunately, Molly's Hatchet from Zephyrhills, Florida has a well-prepared setting where you can let your inner Viking warrior out.

Spoiler

image.png.54f4930100b44faf1dbe168348360420.png

On 3/10/2022 at 10:04 PM, Geralyn said:

This is older info but from a Hungarian man with roots there...  it rounds out a story you don't hear on the "news".

I'm not sure why you are posting this video. I know you are a Christian sister but WHY, I really mean WHY??? are posting a video with title Russia is actually doing us a favor. 😰

If Vladimir Putin is doing anything good (like the guy said) by fighting with globalism we could compare him to Theodore Kaczynski. He too fought against the (satanic) system and just like Putin by killing innocent people. But by killing others they prove Devil is their father.

The facts are (I don't watch US media and I filter Polish media and make my own conclusions):

• Russia invaded Ukraine and started war on their territory
  • hundreds if not thousands civilians were killed
  • millions fled from their homes affecting dozens of other countries
  • how countries react or should react does not belong to us. We are to remain neutral. We don't support or oppose NATO military base installation, sending weapons.
  • we may (according to our means and heart) give humanitarian aid to JWs and non-JWs

So, why should you post a highly politicized message by a YouTuber who doesn't do any due diligence (some people are burning papers in Ukraine, I don't who they are and what they're burning)? 

And one more thing, all media is biased but decades of experience show that KOTN lies 80% of the time and 18% doesn't tell the truth. 

Im sorry for my strong reply, I just talk to people every day whose family fled Ukraine and came with nothing but their lives.

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

I understand we each have our own personal views regarding the news, but we can all agree we share Jehovah’s view that man cannot govern themselves and that killing others (including by means of war) is wrong, no matter what the motives are.

Please let’s remember WE as JW’s are all on the same side - Jehovah’s side. Let’s not allow Satan and his political parties to divide us. ❤️

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

11 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Whose that?  

Now, had you mentioned Alec Baldwin, it might have been a clever joke. 

Actually, the name he was born with was Alexander Rae Baldwin so I guess Alex isn't too far off. It's confusing when people want to change the name they were given by their parents. Down South, it's common to use their middle name as their first name...🙂

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

23 hours ago, Geralyn said:

The whole of US (and the world) is reeling in worldly darkness right now because the "news" is bought and paid for by Soros NWO affiliates and the SOROS team is PUSHING "racism" against "white supremacy" but their actions are totally opposite.  

I don't agree with this idea, Geralyn. You have mentioned Soros several times, which is a typical statement in right-wing propaganda. Different news agencies are paid by different parties, lobbies and ideologies. It's not true that they are all being paid by Soros or any other one single source. Otherwise they would all give the same news, not the contradicting reports we are constantly hearing. When you look at news reports with an open mind it's usually easy to tell which side they are promoting. :)

You are right that some lobbies are pushing different ideologies, though. That's why the Slave has recommended not to depend on one single news outlet, but to compare different ones. That way we can get a better picture of the situation.

2 hours ago, Michał said:

all media is biased but decades of experience show that KOTN lies 80% of the time and 18% doesn't tell the truth. 

Just loved that line.

39 minutes ago, Dove said:

South, it's common to use their middle name as their first name

Since my middle name is Murray that means I'd have started as a MO'D.

1 hour ago, cricket246 said:

we can all agree we share Jehovah’s view that man cannot govern themselves

1 hour ago, cricket246 said:

as JW’s are all on the same side - Jehovah’s side

Exactly. Everything we say here comes with that understood.

23 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

Ukraine's President Zelensky said that it is just a matter of time Russia attacks NATO territory, if that happens it will be a new situation on the world stage! 

Sorry but to me something like that is just part of his appeals for help. As part of the pushing Putin will take opportunity to weaken the South inc cyber attacks but open warfare is something else, IMHO.

31 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

Sorry but to me something like that is just part of his appeals for help. As part of the pushing Putin will take opportunity to weaken the South inc cyber attacks but open warfare is something else, IMHO.

I agree, Putin struggles to subdue Ukraine alone, imagine if he faced combined power of Nato. 

He would be quickly overwhelmed and shocked. 

Conventional military power of Russia is not that great as many have imagined.

He would have to resort to nuke option. (which I think is not an option apart from  strong threats etc) 

More or less, I expect some kind of peaceful agreement, where Putin saves his (somehow) face. 

His adventure of conquering countries is over. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

13 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Conventional military power of Russia is not that great as many have imagined.

He would have to resort to nuke option. (which I think is not an option apart from  strong threats etc) 

More or less, I expect some kind of peaceful agreement, where Putin saves his (somehow) face. 

His adventure of conquering countries is over. 

I agree with you Greg. Putin has asked China for military help...

Tomorrow US and CHINA will meet in Rome to settle that once and for all.

Let´s see if China and Russia are still sidekicks or... Putin rests alone in the World.

Like Daniel said... "he shall come to it´s end and no one shall help him" ( I know it´s at Armagedom, but the language seems to imply KOTN will be standing alone)

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

11 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

CHINA: We will stay out of the affair between Russia Ukraine so long as you (the US) stays out of any affairs between us (China) and Taiwan.  Deal? 

Hope he does not throw in Australia as deal sweetie…🤣

I am not that good with Chinese language LOL

Black And White Panda GIF

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

So my daughter counted 3 Ukrainian cars parked on the streets of our neighbourhood. Our Ukrainian or Russian(?) neighbour has the Ukrainian flag hanging out of their window, and has taken in 3 families from Ukraine. Our Russian neighbours beside us were supposed to get relatives from Ukraine last night. I've seen Ukrainian license plates on the streets.

But the owner of the house with the flag was telling my husband that their Russian relatives are not speaking with them right now. There is sadly too much false information being propagated within Russia that relatives are not speaking with each other. Amazing how fake news can channel all sorts of misunderstandings. The fact of the matter is, people are fleeing for their lives. It's sad when some try to minimize this. Right now many neighbourhoods like our's is emerging all over Europe.

ukrainianflag.jpeg

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

10 minutes ago, Woanders said:

So my daughter counted 3 Ukrainian cars parked on the streets of our neighbourhood. Our Ukrainian or Russian(?) neighbour has the Ukrainian flag hanging out of their window, and has taken in 3 families from Ukraine. Our Russian neighbours beside us were supposed to get relatives from Ukraine last night. I've seen Ukrainian license plates on the streets.

But the owner of the house with the flag was telling my husband that their Russian relatives are not speaking with them right now. There is sadly too much false information being propagated within Russia that relatives are not speaking with each other. Amazing how fake news can channel all sorts of misunderstandings. The fact of the matter is, people are fleeing for their lives. It's sad when some try to minimize this. Right now many neighbourhoods like our's is emerging all over Europe.

ukrainianflag.jpeg

GB warned us that our neutrality would be challenged soon

there it is

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

There are all sorts of nationalistic issues that can arise - even the "white privilege" subject is a political one. No matter what, we follow in the direction of the GB, and promote the kingdom. There are arrangements to help our Ukrainian brothers and sisters, but I can imagine that in addition to the attack of our brothers and sisters in Russia, that the brothers in Russia will also need more material help because of the hit on their economy (which of course affects the economy worldwide).

- Read the Bible daily 

32 minutes ago, Woanders said:

ukrainianflag.jpeg

I’m not sure I mentioned this before but my sons school are making Origami cranes in the colours of the Ukraine flag. 
I already spoke to my kids of the possibility of this coming up so they were ready. 

22 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

I’m not sure I mentioned this before but my sons school are making Origami cranes in the colours of the Ukraine flag. 
I already spoke to my kids of the possibility of this coming up so they were ready. 

Yes it’s important to prepare our kids. In my daughter’s Politics class, the kids are not allowed to voice for or against Ukraine or Russia. Thankfully. Though there is a charity drive for the refugees.

- Read the Bible daily