JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Not sure just when the change was made - but, in relation to the Clubs

You can now also change a Club Type in the management - like from Private to Open

This was not the case when they were first offered as a trial feature.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 3 weeks later...

JWTalk 19.4.28

• Added "Blogs" Application for Beta Testing (works with Clubs as well)
  • Re-enabled "Paste as Rich Text"
  • Upgraded CKEditor to 4.11.4.
  • Improved performance when merging two comments with duplicated member reactions.
  • Improved performance of the latest activity stream shown on user profiles.
  • Changed AdminCP notifications for "A new member has completed registration" and "A member is flagged as a spammer" to show all applicable members grouped into a single notification, rather than a separate notification for each member.
  • Fixed an issue with profile completion if you choose not to upload a profile photo.
  • Fixed autosaved content in the editor not clearing out when it was deleted within the editor.
  • Removed poll votes from showing in the All Activity stream.
  • Fixed display issue with club tabs on mobile devices
  • Fixed an error that can occur when downloading the original image in Gallery if the original image is missing on disk by forcing the largest available size to download instead.
  • Fixed an issue where uploaded videos could not be played.
  • Some cosmetic tweaks to both Light Mode and Dark Mode.
  • Disabled "Latest" items in footer as it was the cause of the site crashing and being slow loading.

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

• 3 months later...

JWTalk 19.8.24

• Renamed "Personal Details" profile block to "Member's Public Information"
  • Renamed "Staff Use Only" profile block to "Only Visible to Staff"
  • Removed third-party Profile Privacy Plug-in.
  • Disabled the ability to edit required registration information.
  • Fixed a quiz question since the organization updated the literature.
  • Added support for [Emoji 11](https://emojipedia.org/emoji-11.0/) emojis
  • Fixed emails for AdminCP notifications "A new member has completed registration" not sending.
  • Disabled Grammarly from checking editor fields to prevent Grammarly from breaking HTML and causing broken posts.
  • Added back the ability to search personal messages by recipient and sender name, and removed the 365 day limit on results.
  • Added support for more explicit browser autofill on form fields.
  • Upgraded CKEditor to 4.12.1.
  • Moved the Club Members Box to the sidebar when the club information are shown in the sidebar.

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

Oh darn! Now just anybody can see my profile, even non-members. Do you plan on reintegrating that feature with a different plug-in?

Not currently. Another 3rd party developer offered to custom make me a plug-in for $95, but I don't see it as worth it. Profile "privacy" is a facade anyway. But that's a discussion for another topic.

In reality, we've always had excellent privacy features here at JWTalk since the beginning. We purchased and installed the plug-in back on April 9, so it's only been running here for a few months - long enough to learn that it's causing problems, and the developer doesn't seem interested in working with us to fix it.

• 4 months later...

JWTalk 19.12.29 (The last upgrade for JWTalk '19)

Several security and bug fixes beyond what's listed here, but these are the ones that may be of interest to others....

• Updated 'username' verbiage in some areas to refer to 'display name' instead.
  • Users will now be redirected directly to reviews they submit rather than back to the item.
  • Fixed errors viewing and rebuilding the leaderboard.
  • Fixed unstyled content showing in Firefox.
  • Fixed an issue with unapproved comment notifications in situations when merging content and retaining a link.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to bypass profanity filters when using quick title edit.
  • Fixed “Reply to this topic” button not working for guests
  • Fixed an error when pasting a page link into an editor, it displayed as an embed of the entire site.
  • Upgraded CKEditor to 4.13.
  • Increased the amount of text that can be stored within an announcement.
  • Fixed an issue embedding Twitch clips in some cases.
  • Fixed floated images inside spoilers breaking out of the spoiler box.
  • Fixed an issue with club breadcrumbs on mobile devices when the "Overview" tab is not the default tab for the club.
  • Fixed an issue where the submit button on the account validation screen could be clicked multiple times, resulting in more than one confirmation email being sent.
  • Fixed an issue where spotify links wouldn't embed.
  • Fixed some missing friendly URLs.
  • Fixed an issue where multipage topics that have been read can be marked as unread when visiting a page other than the last.
  • Fixed an issue where duplicate quote/mention/embed notifications could be sent when editing content.
  • Fixed an issue where you could submit the form to update your profile information with no date set for your birthday, resulting in your form submission being ignored.
  • Fixed profile photo uploads allowing you to upload more than one file without automatically removing the previously uploaded file.
  • Fixed an issue where draft entries submitted in private/closed clubs may not be visible by club owner or moderators.
  • Fixed an issue where club blog entries may not be visible to global moderators/administrators when they have permission to view all club content.

2 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

I am able to view the Unread Content in Condensed view again. Thank you...

That was probably related to the cookie issue.

• 1 month later...

JWTalk 20.2.9

• Added support for [Emoji 12.0](https://emojipedia.org/emoji-12.0/) and [Emoji 12.1](https://emojipedia.org/emoji-12.1/) emojis
  • Removed support for Gfycat embeds due to ongoing unaddressed security concerns on their end.
  • Improved progress indicator in "Complete My Profile".
  • Upgraded CKEditor to 4.13.1.
  • Fixed an issue where users that do not have permission to view Clubs, can still visit content item URL's directly.
  • Fixed an issue using arrows in the editor after an emoji is inserted in some cases.
  • Fixed an issue where a user will see an option to skip required profile completion steps, which will just reload the step.
  • Fixed an issue where animated GIF images may not be properly identified as animated.
  • Fixed potential broken images when the image filename contained parenthesis characters.
  • Fixed unapproved comments incorrectly being counted on forums where the item has been moved and a link to the item has been left in its place.

• 4 weeks later...

JWTalk 20.3.4

• Fixed change email issue in Tapatalk
  • Fixed pagination issue in Tapatalk
  • Updated Auto Welcome script with bug fixes
  • Installed "Chatbox+" for a trial run. We will try other chat software as well.
  • Renamed "Interchange of Encouragement & Worldwide Brotherhood" to "Encouragement for the Worldwide Brotherhood" for clarity.
  • Renamed "Our Ministry, Meetings, and Life as a Christian" to "Our Ministry, Our Meetings, and Our Life as a Christian" for clarity.
  • Renamed "Deep Bible Research & Personal Bible Study Topics" to "My Deep Bible Research & In-depth Personal Bible Study" to emphasize that this forum is for deep research results and findings, and not "What if?" type questions.
  • Create a new forum "Spiritual Meanderings and Simple Musings" for unanswerable questions, what if scenarios, and other topics that are neither deep research nor are actually personal study topics.
  • Renamed "Comfort, Consolation, Support & Recovery" to "Health Issues - Comfort, Consolation, Support & Recovery" to help clarify that this is a forum for your personal health issues only. Off-topic threads will be moved to the appropriate forum, even if it's a public one. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

JWTalk 20.4.14

No software upgrades, but some Administrator changes that we deliberated on together...

• Removed ChatBox+ a little while ago and ended the proposed live chat experiment
  • Removed advertising that use to display to unregistered guests
  • Removed the Blog link in the masthead for lack of use
  • Redacted the previous "Spiritual Musings" forum and renamed "Deep Bible Research & In-depth Personal Study" to "Bible Research, Personal Study, & Scriptural Discussion" as we decided there wasn't a need to have separate sections for deeper topics vs. lighter meanderings. 

8 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

JWTalk 20.4.14

No software upgrades, but some Administrator changes that we deliberated on together...

• Removed ChatBox+ a little while ago and ended the proposed live chat experiment
  • Removed advertising that use to display to unregistered guests
  • Removed the Blog link in the masthead for lack of use
  • Redacted the previous "Spiritual Musings" forum and renamed "Deep Bible Research & In-depth Personal Study" to "Bible Research, Personal Study, & Scriptural Discussion" as we decided there wasn't a need to have separate sections for deeper topics vs. lighter meanderings. 

Thank you for your hard work behind the scenes! Appreciated. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

44 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Thank you for your hard work behind the scenes! Appreciated. 

Bob does all the work, his 12 disciples just watch...👍🏻

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D