JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

43 minutes ago, GraceH said:

Do you think that this is just a sign of the last days? Or is this leading to something bigger?

Matthew 24:8

pangs of distress: The Greek word literally refers to the intense pain experienced during childbirth. While it is used here to refer to distress, pain, and suffering in a general sense, it may suggest that like birth pains the foretold troubles and suffering will increase in frequency, intensity, and duration in the time period before the great tribulation mentioned at Mt 24:21.

14 minutes ago, My little flower said:

How?

And Jehovah did this on the very next day, and all sorts of livestock of Egypt began to die,+ but not one of Israel’s livestock died-----exodus 9:6 

Its just my speculation.. Dont take it seriously.. It happened in the past.. It may happened in GT

26 minutes ago, GraceH said:

What do you mean Jehovah is going to use the virus to save his people?

maybe.. Like plague in Egypt. 

2 minutes ago, JennyM said:

And Jehovah did this on the very next day, and all sorts of livestock of Egypt began to die,+ but not one of Israel’s livestock died-----exodus 9:6 

Its just my speculation.. Dont take it seriously.. It happened in the past.. It may happened in GT

No. Jehovah intervention starts when Gog attacks us.

11 minutes ago, GraceH said:

Is this advice for Australia wide?

First Coronavirus announcement at  tonight’s meeting...We are to avoid shaking hands, kissing etc and to those who have a flu, DO NOT come to the meeting, listen-In via the phones..obviously practical advice. 

I live in Melbourne..am unsure if this is Aus wide..I’m guessing each state might have different regulations according to the severity of the virus in their area. ❤️

49 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

I seem to remember that every time something major happened there were rumours here of a ‘shortage’ of toilet paper!
I remember running low in the 1970’s because the miners were on strike or something!

”Pluto is no longer a planet. Quick, buy toilet paper!”

It doesn't even take something major to happen to cause a shortage here, in the U.S.A.

A Late Night TV host jokingly said there was a shortage of toilet paper.

The next day there was none on the shelves.  His 'joke' had caused a shortage.  :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

54 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

It doesn't even take something major to happen to cause a shortage here, in the U.S.A.

A Late Night TV host jokingly said there was a shortage of toilet paper.

The next day there was none on the shelves.  His 'joke' had caused a shortage.  :(

How does one of the wealthiest nations in the world who wastes so much food every year that could feed several countries have a shortage of anything? Crazy.

Edited by EccentricM

14 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

How does one of the wealthiest nations in the world who wastes so much food every year that could feed several countries have a shortage of anything? Crazy.

Logistics. A supply of TP in New York doesn't help the guy sitting on a toilet in California....

My neighbor could have a garage full of TP because he thinks the end of the world is coming and he needs a garage full of TP to survive. That creates a logistical problem...

Its interesting how people seem to associate the End of the world with TP....

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, JennyM said:

The difference is Jehovah caused or sent the plague mentioned at Exodus 9:6.   Jehovah did NOT send or cause this coronavirus pandemic. The Bible shows that Jehovah is not the cause for such global suffering. 

The only time my state panics is when they hear a snow storm is coming their way.  They buy out toilet paper!  Yep, that's right, the shelves are bear of toilet paper.  This is the truth.  But as for the "Virus" no one really knows if its a true virus or a flu virus, that's hit USA since the last few years.  On a vlog yesterday a husband and wife on board one of the ship's (did not say Japan) docked, they are still in their rooms, and she said her husband is feeling better, all he had was a bad sinus infection.  He's doing better.   It's the time of end, propaganda is floating like insanity.  This could be a real virus, like Sars, or Mersa, or Ebola, or it's something the world put out to scare it's citizens.  I don't know.  I always wash my hands and carry a sanitize in my car.  I wash my hands at home from doing dishes.  Normal housecleaning, Am not doubting what some "doctors" have said on the news, or other ways, but it's just over bearing.  My assembly is coming up and there has been no mention of cancellations.  There is no cancellation of any meetings due to this virus here yet.   Don't buy toilet paper, go out and get a case of beer, and something you and the friends enjoy. 

2 hours ago, Dages said:

This isn't IT.

And I have the feeling that all this panic is encouraged/exagerated by the medias and social networks.

Especially social media.

The news is just doing their job.  If the news doesn't cover a news story, people complain about a cover-up.  If the media does cover a news story, people complain about media sensationalism.  It's hard to find balance.  Yes, sometimes the media is responsible for making the news sound worse than it is.  Plus, it's a viscous cycle.  PA store has ran out of food or toilet paper.  This is news so the news reports the story.  People read or hear the story, panic, and rush to get more food or toilet paper.  

We the people are just as responsible, though.  It's not the media's fault that there are so many news outlets.  Some people are taking in news article after news article.  A constant food source of news stories about pandemic is going to cause ones to worry and possibly panic.  After they read 3 or 4 stories in a row or watched 2 or 3 videos in a row, these people are stirred up in a frenzy.  That's the danger of social media.  Each of our friends share's just 1 news article about coronavirus and suddenly we are flooded with  news story after news story.  We can't help but panic because we're being bombed with news.  It's not the media's fault but a consequence of this global instant communication network.

Sadly there are some people who are triggered by negative news like this.  They start digging deep and sharing everything they find about coronavirus.  It's like their job or hobby to mine every media outlet, point out every contradiction between one story and another, share every remote and minor point they find.  It's like they relish in stirring the pot and keeping people in a state of panic.  These people feel they are doing this simply to remain informed and to keep their neighbors safe, but the reality is their lack of balance does nothing but cause panic and feed the flames of fear. 

3 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

it's something the world put out to scare it's citizens

I think there is a fine line between recognizing that everything that is happening is due to Satans rebellion and thinking that people/governments are intentionally doing evil things. We have to be careful that our thinking isn't being molded by conspiracy theorists. That can create another level of fear and anxiety that can erode our strength. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

There is no reason to panic.

Jehovah will provide a solution. 

Also, it may help our preaching work with people getting wrongfully crazy paranoid and starting to wonder about our Creator, we have to be present in the ministry to answer them and give them the marvellous hope found in the Bible.

17 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

This could be a real virus, like Sars, or Mersa, or Ebola, or it's something the world put out to scare it's citizens

Um... this doesn't happen.

18 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

It's the time of end, propaganda is floating like insanity

And the slave urges is not too take part in spreading the insanity.

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

BBC live rolling news this morning:
11:27

PM calls on media to be responsible

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson said social media needs to be responsible in preventing the spread of false information.

"We have all got to be very responsible. The media has an important role as does social media."

Speaking about news reports, he said: “I’m sure they will want to convey the right messages and the right balance of risk.”

Applicable to how the conversation is going.

20 minutes ago, My little flower said:

Moderators can create another thread on Toilet paper

We've had several movements started to create TP threads but they were wiped out in the end...

Too much paperwork....

Edited by Bro Richard

Ah, those all important bowel movements. How apt. Fortunately the mods have been stockpiling lots of TP to wipe out all the nasty viruses moving through the nether regions.

More TP related stories.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/transmission-through-faeces-reason-behind-rapid-spread-covid-19-39876

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

51 minutes ago, M'Awan said:

Ah, those all important bowel movements. How apt. Fortunately the mods have been stockpiling lots of TP to wipe out all the nasty viruses moving through the nether regions.

More TP related stories.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/transmission-through-faeces-reason-behind-rapid-spread-covid-19-39876

Better to refer to it as 'TP' and not 'toilet paper' so as  to accord it a modicum of respect and dignity. 

Speaking of TP, one extreme cheepo woman solved the expense of having to buy it, since they were trying to climb out of debt, the family uses rags, puts them in a small trash can when used then washes them and reuses, had a video of her and the kids folding the rags to be placed back in the rest room, seems they weren't Too Proud to admit it even  informing their  guest of the proper disposal method - Do Not Flush!