JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

Interesting 3 m video 

shows a personal view of someone who knows Putin well

my opinion? Satan is behind Putin 🙄

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Here some info

Hostomel congregation (near of Kyiv, Ukraine),* 27/02/2022:

Hi there!  Everyone is fine, the families and all the congregation left Hostomel.  Not far from the house, the battle began on several sides in the morning.  There were constant shots and explosions around.  There are a lot of blown up military vehicles on the roads.  We had not properly slept for two nights, but we still decided to go because there was a serious threat to our lives and that was the direction given.  The decision was made almost simultaneously by everyone in the congregation.  And we all went together.  We knew the direction and the way, but we were not sure where it was safest to go.  Therefore, one brother drove in the car ahead in the distance and would stop and reported the situation to others.  Then we united and moved together.  Jehovah miraculously created a "corridor" and led our convoy of nine cars out of the center of the military actions.  It was very similar to how Jehovah spread the waters of the Red Sea to save his people from their enemies.  It seemed that he was leading us by the hand in a safe direction.  Our dear friends were constantly in touch, learning about the situation on the roads, informing us and leading us in the safest way.  Others over the boarders were working on our accommodation while we were on the road.  The further we were from the shelling, the more we managed to calm down. It was very warm to think that we were all together, there were almost forty of us and we did not know where we would stay.  But thanks to Jehovah's love and our brotherhood's hospitality, we were all found temporary accommodation at night.  We’ve had rest and have finally slept.  Thanks Jehovah!  How9 nice to serve such a wonderful God!

9 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Here some info

Read this with my son during WT prep, he said it was good so thanks for that. 

Brother Glenn, @Dustparticle, since this account about a way out being opened for them has been going around may I ask how you got this account? (no names obviously, I just meant how you heard it if it's not confidential, thanks). 

4 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

Read this with my son during WT prep, he said it was good so thanks for that. 

Brother Glenn, @Dustparticle, since this account about a way out being opened for them has been going around may I ask how you got this account? (no names obviously, I just meant how you heard it if it's not confidential, thanks). 

I was informed to share it. If I was not  informed to share it, then I would not. I hope you enjoy it. 

I wanted to look into what happened in 2014 with the Russian annexation of Crimea in 2014, as this has been highlighted a lot in the news with reference to Russia‘s attack on Ukraine. Upon reading up on info about Crimean war, it took me back to the war between Russia against an Euro alliance from 1853-1856. These wounds run deep for Russian history; it’s failure to expand. All because of the “west.“ Plus the collapse of the USSR in 1991 and the failure for Crimea to be internationally recognized as a Russian state and still internationally belonging to Ukraine in 2014. 

But we see what began to spur the war was over religion. See quote below

The Crimean War[e] was a military conflict fought from October 1853 to February 1856[4] in which Russia lost to an alliance of France, the Ottoman Empire, the United Kingdom and Piedmont-Sardinia. The immediate cause of the war involved the rights of Christian minorities in Palestine, which was part of the Ottoman Empire. The French promoted the rights of Roman Catholics, and Russia promoted those of the Eastern Orthodox Church. Longer-term causes involved the decline of the Ottoman Empire, the expansion of the Russian Empire in the preceding Russo-Turkish Wars, and the British and French preference to preserve the Ottoman Empire to maintain the balance of power in the Concert of Europe. It has widely been noted that the causes, in one case involving an argument over a key,[5] had never revealed a "greater confusion of purpose" but led to a war that stood out for its "notoriously incompetent international butchery".[6]

The churches worked out their differences with the Ottomans and came to an agreement, but both French Emperor Napoleon III and Russian Emperor Nicholas I refused to back down. Nicholas issued an ultimatum that demanded the Orthodox subjects of the Ottoman Empire be placed under his protection. Britain attempted to mediate and arranged a compromise to which Nicholas agreed. When the Ottomans demanded changes to the agreement, Nicholas recanted and prepared for war.

I think, though, that if the GT had started back in 2014/2015 a great majority of the world would perhaps have been indifferent or uninformed about Crimea. The difference with this attack from Russia now is that the whole world is watching. This signals loudly to the whole world the failure of human government, it’s critical nature, along with the pandemic, climate change. So inevitably and unquestionably, the world feels it is at the brink of sheer disaster. Won‘t be long before religion gets condemned for it‘s bloody role.

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

It gets worse https://abcnews.go.com

Annoying but not surprising. When I saw it announced I thought "They'll only go through with this if they're running out of shells", evidently they're not. Mariupol is being shelled by sea and from the break away republics, it's part of the Russian speaking community that Putin is invading to protect 🤷‍♂️, it's also important for the land corridor to link Russia with the other break away republic of Transnistria so things in south and southeast Ukraine look set to get worse.

More than never out neutrality is being questioned.

All Portuguese were asked today to place a Ukrainian flag on their windows for peace.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 minutes ago, Sofia said:

More than never out neutrality is being questioned.

All Portuguese were asked today to place a Ukrainian flag on their windows for peace.

Would it be wrong to put a Bible instead?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Would it be wrong to put a Bible instead?

In our country it´s ok doing nothing, being neutral it´s still not an issue here.

But we must keep on the watch, seeing such terror happening we can easily take a party. Some people on FB are uploading the ukrainian flag on the profile photo, or even doves. The pressure will increase... and we must be careful, because taking party can be very subtil

Edited by Sofia

6 hours ago Ukraine was viciously attacked again. Ukraine asking to have the airspace shut down, but if that's done it would mean an act of war. Ukraine president is saying his country and people are being slowly destroyed.

No good answers!

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

In our country it´s ok doing nothing, being neutral it´s still not an issue here.

But we must keep on the watch, seeing such terror happening we can easily take a party. Some people on FB are uploading the ukrainian flag on the profile photo, or even doves. The pressure will increase... and we must be careful, because taking party can be very subtil

I was in service with my friend's congregation in Toronto, Canada, and one sister said there is alot of anti-russian sentiment at the moment - racist actions on people's cars even. Very sad. 😢

Our neighbours at the end of our block put up the Ukrainian flag. Although Germany has a high Russian/Ukrainian population and from other eastern European countries, there is no sense of nationalism at the moment. *Breathe out*  Hoping it stays like that, but as we know, things can easily change one day to the next...

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

35 minutes ago, Woanders said:

I was in service with my friend's congregation in Toronto, Canada, and one sister said there is alot of anti-russian sentiment at the moment - racist actions on people's cars even. Very sad. 😢

Our neighbours at the end of our block put up the Ukrainian flag. Although Germany has a high Russian/Ukrainian population and from other eastern European countries, there is no sense of nationalism at the moment. *Breathe out*  Hoping it stays like that, but as we know, things can easily change one day to the next...

I saw something on DW news about a protest in Berlin. I thought that was happening today but I could be wrong 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

3 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

6 hours ago Ukraine was viciously attacked again

From other reports I don't think it ever stops long enough for it to be counted as starting again. A Tiktoker in West Ukraine tonight said they think it will only get better when Russia runs out of missiles, they think Russia has used between 1 and 2 thirds of its Iskander missiles which are devastating residential areas but unfortunately they've plenty of other types too.

Ukraine asking to have the airspace shut down, but if that's done it would mean an act of war.

This is more an intellectual question. What would a faithful Israelite King do? The only military interventions on the part of non Israelites I can think of are the Gibeonites (in Judges and 2 Samuel by Jehovah) and they had treaties with Israel, Ukrainian's problem is a lack of treaties (UN doesn't count as a Treaty). 

On the other hand 

Proverbs 24:11,12

Rescue those who are being taken away to death, And hold back those staggering to the slaughter. 12 If you say, “But we did not know about this,” Does not the One who examines hearts discern it? Yes, the One who watches you will know And will repay each man according to his activity.

Jehovah see's all and he will repay each one according to their activity. Plus none of the factions are on Jehovah's side or care about the sanctification of his name.

Both sides are being used by Satan, we need to maintain our loyalty only to Jehovah's Kingdom and help people staggering to the slaughter by telling them how Jehovah can fix all problems so they can live forever too.

It's slowly escalating:

US secretary of state confirms plans to supply Ukraine with fighter jets from Poland

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken confirmed on Sunday that the U.S. is working with Warsaw on plans to supply Ukraine with Russian-made fighter jets.

“We are working with Poland as we speak to see if we can backfill anything that they provide to the Ukrainians,” Blinken told CNN in an interview.

Poland would give MiG-29 fighters, which its pilots are trained to fly, and in turn, Poland would receive U.S.-made F-16s.https://www.politico.eu/article/us-secretary-of-state-confirms-plans-to-supply-ukraine-with-fighter-jets-via-poland/

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, Doug said:

Deeper question than it seems.   At what point does the Bible or literature become a counter-protest?

Okay, I suppose, if we had regularly been putting a Bible in the window before the conflict started.

(Hypothetical I know.)

Da 6:10 But as soon as Daniel knew that the decree had been signed, he went to his house, which had the windows of his roof chamber open toward Jerusalem. And three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed and offered praise before his God, as he had regularly done prior to this. 

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

4 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

It's slowly escalating:

US secretary of state confirms plans to supply Ukraine with fighter jets from Poland

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken confirmed on Sunday that the U.S. is working with Warsaw on plans to supply Ukraine with Russian-made fighter jets.

“We are working with Poland as we speak to see if we can backfill anything that they provide to the Ukrainians,” Blinken told CNN in an interview.

Poland would give MiG-29 fighters, which its pilots are trained to fly, and in turn, Poland would receive U.S.-made F-16s.https://www.politico.eu/article/us-secretary-of-state-confirms-plans-to-supply-ukraine-with-fighter-jets-via-poland/

US Jets are on the way, I saw them flying these days upon our heads here in Portugal where we live. Also military helicopters. Their sound across the sky is amazingly chilling ...

but if that's done it would mean an act of war

It's hard for me to understand that because the U.S. and other countries are supplying weapons of war to Ukraine and not direct interference like boots on the ground and flying air support, that they are not involved in the war, thus not committing an act of war. If a murder was committed using a gun and if a person supplied the weapon to the shooter knowing full well the gun was going to be used for that purpose, both would be guilty of the murder just like a get away driver is guilty of a bank robbery since they are all involved. Are there any International war laws on this, like you can supply just don't pull the trigger?

18 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

Are there any International war laws on this, like you can supply just don't pull the trigger?

Currently any law written “on piece of paper” has no value, and is being violated again and again. Demonic control of this world is so “visible” at the moment. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)