JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1390 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

11 minutes ago, shali said:

I noticed on the Jw-russia website that soon after the decision came down to ban JW's as extremist, the branch in St. Petersburg was attacked. 

https://www.jw-russia.org/news/17042512-150.html

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

18 minutes ago, shali said:

vandalism.jpg.1fe8fc78c098c4a0cd315e5e369a9cb2.jpg

Like it better now! :D

(When it first showed up the picture hadn't loaded, now it is there, a big inprovement.)

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Anything?

Didn't get a chance to listen or read transcript. His press secretary Sean Spicer made bad comment about Assad and Hitler last week so Trump may have focused on repair that gaff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jehovah's angels will camp all around our brothers and sisters in Russia.  Even those that will suffer physically will not lose their faith. Satan and his mignons will answer for the harm they do to Jehovah's people.  Jehovah is watching, he will repay!

ROMANS 8: 37
In all these things we are coming off completely victorious through him that loved us.

36 minutes ago, shali said:

I noticed on the Jw-russia website that soon after the decision came down to ban JW's as extremist, the branch in St. Petersburg was attacked.  The predictions are coming true - people there feel they have the right to react to this ban with violence and hatred.  So all the government did was ban people "extrermist" who weren't and give the real "extremists" card blanc to destroy and harm the innocent.

A few hours after Russia's Supreme Court announced its decisionon the Elimination of Jehovah's Witnesses center late on April 20, 2017, a group of men drove up to 2 cars to the largest liturgicalbuilding of Jehovah's Witnesses in St. Petersburg, located on Avenue Kolomyazhsky. They blocked the cars out of the building.One of the guests, shouting insults at the Jehovah's Witness religion and the threat of physical violence, threw facade of the building, including glass doors and windows, pre-cooked cobblestones. Liturgical building significantly damaged.

Such developments forecast speakers lawyers in court. A bit earlier in the day, speaking in the debate, Maksim Novakov, representing the center of Jehovah's Witnesses, predicted that the court could trigger a wave of violence against the Witnesses from property damage to the attacks on believers motivated by religious hatred. This is the inevitable consequences of the fact that innocent people wrongly considered to dangerous offenders.

It's interesting as they aren't our buildings now. They belong to the state. So, they are actually damaging state owned property. I bet the vandals hadn't thought of that. Once the state sees it.   :eek:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

32 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

So they are letting get destroyed their own property that they have just seized.

Oh well -what with the bad publicity they have already inflicted on themselves, it's hopefully going to be one big Pyrrhic Victory as time goes on.

Hoping/praying Jehovah can hide our brothers from any harm while all the self destruction goes on elsewhere.

Edited by retroHelen

Didn't get a chance to listen or read transcript. His press secretary Sean Spicer made bad comment about Assad and Hitler last week so Trump may have focused on repair that gaff.

Based on what I read be didn't mention Jehovah's Witnesses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-politics/wp/2017/04/25/at-holocaust-museum-trump-pays-tribute-to-those-who-survived-historys-darkest-hour/

6 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Things are getting worse and worse. Such bad news make me scared.

Victoria, please don't be scared. Please. Think of the angel who killed 185,000 in one night. Could that have been Jesus in his pre-human existence? Whatever the case, he is our Mighty King, waiting to show his power in your behalf. Just be patient, prayerful and obedient. Jehovah will see you through. 

And, feel free to share with us. We love you so. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

13 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Things are getting worse and worse. Such bad news make me scared.

They just throw tiny stone that smashes door-glass

Soon Jehovah will hit them with the STONE that will wipe out all wicked governments

They need to be careful in that "stone throwing" competition.

May this be of encouragement:

You looked on until a stone was cut out, not by hands, and it struck the image on its feet of iron and of clay and crushed them.  At that time the iron, the clay, the copper, the silver, and the gold were, all together, crushed and became like the chaff from the summer threshing floor, and the wind carried them away so that not a trace of them could be found. But the stone that struck the image became a large mountain, and it filled the whole earth.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

Victoria, please don't be scared. Please. Think of the angel who killed 185,000 in one night. Could that have been Jesus in his pre-human existence? Whatever the case, he is our Mighty King, waiting to show his power in your behalf. Just be patient, prayerful and obedient. Jehovah will see you through. 

And, feel free to share with us. We love you so. 

Thank you! But I am a coward so I am afraid of police, of vandals and so on. I am not afraid of dogs though:-) I love them

7 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

They just throw tiny stone that smashes door-glass

Soon Jehovah will hit them with the STONE that will wipe out all wicked governments

They need to be careful in that "stone throwing" competition.

May this be of encouragement:

You looked on until a stone was cut out, not by hands, and it struck the image on its feet of iron and of clay and crushed them.  At that time the iron, the clay, the copper, the silver, and the gold were, all together, crushed and became like the chaff from the summer threshing floor, and the wind carried them away so that not a trace of them could be found. But the stone that struck the image became a large mountain, and it filled the whole earth.

Really hope it will happen soon!!

Victoria, I am scared too of things I have to do now in the truth, (like informal witnessing - psychologically I need a "door").  Jehovah knows you are scared, and he doesn't think less of you.  It is such an awful situation.  But you will see that Jehovah will give you the courage when you need it.  He will be able to make you stand.  You know you are not alone with Him behind you, and his son, all the angels and the family you have all around the earth.  He did it in the past for the Israelites, and recently for the Russian brothers, so he will help you now too.

Then Moses said to the people: “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and see the salvation of Jehovah that he will perform for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you will never ever see again. Ex 14:13

AFTER BAN, JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES IN RUSSIA HARASSED BY POLICE DURING RELIGIOUS SERVICES

http://www.newsweek.com/jehovahs-witnesses-russia-ban-police-589791

Co worker said Catholic Church watching events closely!

3 hours ago, Victoria said:

Thank you! But I am a coward so I am afraid of police, of vandals and so on. I am not afraid of dogs though:-) I love them

Picture them as dogs! You have more with you then against you. And, soon it will be over. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

18 minutes ago, Bushel said:

With my Post traumatic Stress Disorder, I see a Dr. Who happens to be a Brother. and No matter what I go through , He always tells me, that Jehovah Will always Protect us, Even when I am scared and feel so depressed that it doesn't feel like it. He gave me an example of When someone gets Disciplined, Whether it is reproved or Df'd or whatever the circumstances. Jehovah does it for protection, Not just protecting the congregation, but the person being disciplined. So why do I use that example. Well Maybe this Ban in russia Is a way for Jehovah to protect his people there. Maybe the only way to keep them safe for let's just say the Tribulation is to Let them go underground. Maybe something is going to be happening that will prove the ban was necessary, to protect Jehovah's People.  Altho I am not saying that it will be easy for them, Even being Disciplined isn't easy, (and I am not saying our friends are being Disciplined.) But What Lesson is Jehovah preparing  our russian brothers for, or us for that matter, with anyone who is being Protected, Sometimes we May not understand why. But just like a Parent sending their kinds to another room when a stranger walk up to the door or for any reason, Jehovah is Always Protecting us. 

I personally can not imagine What our friends are going through their, But I know that they serve as inspiration for me to build my faith even more. And (my Opinion) but what better way to protect His people then have them Hidden from danger if the GT is to happen soon. that way once the fall of BtG happens our friends can stand up and say we are still here. Proudly Serving our Loving God Jehovah, 

Sister Victoria I just want you to know that You are in my Prayers and Every one of My friends There in Russia all 170,000, And I love Each and every one of you. Just like I do all the friends on this Forum and around the world. So Please Sister Victoria, Please remember Hebrews 13: 6 So that we may be of good courage and say: “Jehovah is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? also Psalms 118:6 and Psalms 56:4. Take courage that Jehovah KNows exactly what needs to be done at exactly the right time.

I am lookimg for that doctor brother bushel :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :)