JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1452 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 minutes ago, rbrown1205 said:

Only about 1300 or so of our brothers were imprisoned then, and about 250 died, but the brothers of that time knew about it.  

It was more than that...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

43 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

The Sanhedrin was going to act the way it did.  Jesus death was predetermined.  The false accusers were prophesied.  

This court hearing is not in the scriptures.  That gives us hope the outcome isn't already set in stone.

I like this.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

It took the 'beard' thread more than two years to reach 90 pages, this thread did it in less than a month...

It took the "Beard" thread almost two years to get this many posts...:D

•  

So I take it this is the fastest moving thread to date? Is the beard thread the second fastest? Can we know?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

3 hours ago, Iron Stylus said:
4 hours ago, Gi-Gi said:

Here is a combination of Sunshine's simplified translation with my own translation adjustments according to context. The short recap is that the judge and MOJ questioned the JW lawyers and could not find any fault. Then 8 witnesses were brought in and most of the favored that we aren't extremists.

Thank you so very much!   Are they sure that The special talk is on the 16th? This is so wonderful they will be able to continue.  I understand that a few of the memorials were interrupted when he able to finish the observance?

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

I was likening the false witnesses trumped up at Jesus' trial to how these false ex-witness witnesses have been bungling their way through this.  Yet, Jesus was still convicted (yes it was Jehovah's will, and so he allowed it to go all the way).

Now the chief priests and the entire Sanʹhe·drin were looking for testimony against Jesus in order to put him to death, but they were not finding any.+ 56  Many, indeed, were giving false witness against him,+ but their testimonies were not in agreement. 57  Also, certain ones were standing up and bearing false witness against him, saying: 58  “We heard him say, ‘I will throw down this temple that was made with hands, and in three days I will build another not made with hands.’”+ 59  But even on these grounds, their testimony was not in agreement. - Mark 14:55-59

In recent history, trumped up charges in Nazi Germany did the same thing for our brothers.  They could change their doomed outcome by relinquishing their faith.  That is a possibility for this current situation in Russia as well.  Jesus couldn't deny who he was to change the outcome, and his example is what kept the faithful brothers in Germany and Europe faithful in WW2, and down through our days, and that will help our Russian brothers to keep faithful no matter what.

5 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

That was a great point made really well Lucy. I was thinking the very same thing but you said it so much better. (and you got to use the word incongruous! :thumbsup:)

Ha Ha... I thought incongruous was where the politicians made laws...Sorry, have a weird sense of humor. 

11 hours ago, Iron Stylus said:

I think this trial has been postponed for a week only due to the Easter Holiday coming up. Apparently they do not hold court on Mondays and Tuesdays because that is when they review cases or do other paperwork.

Isn't Easter always on Sundays? It is not an official holiday here, just Sunday with a special cupcake and colored eggs. And it is called Passover.

1 hour ago, Victoria said:

Isn't Easter always on Sundays? It is not an official holiday here, just Sunday with a special cupcake and colored eggs. And it is called Passover.

A lot of countries also have 'Good' Friday and the Monday off as well.  For us here it is the longest weekend of the year and half the country leaves home and goes on holiday.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

10 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

A lot of countries also have 'Good' Friday and the Monday off as well.  For us here it is the longest weekend of the year and half the country leaves home and goes on holiday.

Thanks, now I understand. In Russia we don't have Easter holidays. But as far as I remember people go to cemestry( eat and drink there) on Tuesday after Easter and many work half day. So maybe that's why they delayed the trial till Wednesday.

As I understand it one of the exwitnesses testified that he was forbidden from higher education. The fact that three doctors were among those witnesses who had just testified does rather make for an awkward experience surely. And too are the lawyers themselves witnessses? If so this would add to the real contradiction of the testimony.  

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Hope, over on Facebook, pointed out that this allows the friends in Russia to have the Special Talk without interference.

Hopefully...Apparently a couple of the Memorial locations were interrupted, altho most of them went undisturbed.

5 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

In Spain, that follows the Catholic holidays, today is Good Thursday and tomorrow Good Friday, and both are holidays. In some regions Monday is Good too. :)

There are a lot of processions these days (devotees dressed in a very peculiar way take their images of Jesus and Mary from the church and carry them in the streets) but still half of the country takes advantage of the very looong weekend and go to the beach. :) Not different from Australia I guess.

8 hours ago, PioZak said:

As I understand it one of the exwitnesses testified that he was forbidden from higher education. The fact that three doctors were among those witnesses who had just testified does rather make for an awkward experience surely. And too are the lawyers themselves witnessses? If so this would add to the real contradiction of the testimony.  

Some Witness parents would forbid their children - but that is true in some families who are not witnesses. Some do it due to money or even other social concerns. IT just has never been our "offical" policy.

I am glad the memorial went OK for the majority of our brothers and sisters. :thumbsup:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Why care that Russia's Jehovah's Witnesses face persecution – but get scant coverage?

https://www.getreligion.org/getreligion/2017/4/10/why-care-that-russias-jehovahs-witnesses-face-persecution-but-get-scant-coverage

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

15 hours ago, Victoria said:

Easter is Sunday but Good Friday is tomorrow which is part of the holiday. It's spring break here in the US and a lot of schools, businesses, and government jobs take a break.

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

15 minutes ago, Iron Stylus said:

Easter is Sunday but Good Friday is tomorrow which is part of the holiday. It's spring break here in the US and a lot of schools, businesses, and government jobs take a break.

but come next Wednesday, the Russian court will have an 'extremely tough cross' to bear :D  

:lol1: 

Edited by timpin