JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

👨‍💼 JW Broadcasting-May 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1796 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The trailer has already been released as of last week.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/MeetingsConventions/docid-502019253_1_VIDEO

But, I think we've been spoiled due to us receiving a snippet of all those wonderful Bible drama trailers from the last few years. Oh yes, how fondly I recall some memorable drama lines:

"Assyrians!...at the gate!!"

"Am I a mule that can be bought for money?!...I will not tolerate rebellion!

"But Uncle! You have my respect!...

"If you leave now, you will lose everything!"

"Let's cast lots and find out who's to blame for this calamity!"...."It's himmm!" :lol:

20 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

But, I think we've been spoiled due to us receiving a snippet of all those wonderful Bible drama trailers from the last few years. Oh yes, how fondly I recall some memorable drama lines:

"Let's cast lots and find out who's to blame for this calamity!"...."It's himmm!" :lol:

We got a Convention trailer...I'm still hoping we also get a Convention movie trailer. :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

That’s not a trailer. It’s a convention invitation.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

A possible semantics problem, but I already changed the name of my existing thread in this section to "invitation".  If I contributed to any part of the confusion, I apologize.

Don’t worry. I think people were expecting a trailer from the convention film.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

7 hours ago, The German said:

The May 2019 JW Broadcasting program features a new video.

The video is entitled Making Yourself Available for Bethel Service.

I noticed the Regional Convention program Information for Delegates still only mentions a meeting for SKE applicants and doesn't mention a meeting about Bethel service. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 5/1/2019 at 2:56 AM, Omoyeme said:

That trailer was only supposed to be seen for people who are going to the convention early and it goes hand in hand with the invitation it wasn't meant for everybody because the trailer is going to be featured in the May BROADCASTING that's what the letter from the branch told us 

16 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I noticed the Regional Convention program Information for Delegates still only mentions a meeting for SKE applicants and doesn't mention a meeting about Bethel service. 

Now, that's a first!

Edited by stargazer

paradise.eternity.glory

6 hours ago, stargazer said:

Now, that's a first!

Actually I think it has been that way for several years.  Do you have some older convention programs?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Actually I think it has been that way for several years.  Do you have some older convention programs?

It was included (Bethel Service) up through 2013 but I don't see it in 2017 onward.  I can't find the 2014-2016 programs.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:14 PM, Dages said:

Yes, we got the announcement tonight during the meeting. That's nice.

And we will watch this video in the midweek meeting in August.