JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

September Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2784 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I love how brother Splane used the expression 'blended families' as opposed to 'stepfamilies'. And, be graceful when someone tries to make peace - don't make it hard for the one apologising. Also, the story of Naaman and Ben-hadad II. Good point that it was Ben-hadad who sent Naaman to Israel after the testimony of a young Israelite slave girl to be healed from his leprosy. But was the king grateful that his army chief had been healed? Not really. When he sent his army against Israel, though, Naaman was not mentioned.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Not to mention the part about the Art Department. Have you noticed how the art has changed and improved since the department began their work in 1976 or so? And how much is done digitally these days? Also, how are things decided. Very interesting!

2c624f736b33f06a9eb62758a706bfce.jpg

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I'm always impressed with the teaching art of Brother Splane. And this time was no different. What a great talk he made using the biblical example of the family of Jacob!

The video about the Art Department reminded me of the old video excerpt from "The Organization Behind the Name," which dealt with the same subject. Always loved the illustrations of WT and certainly the considerations about how the brothers have so much work fills us with appreciation for all they do.

Also what is wrong with the way we say Warwick here in Britain?  There was a Warwick here in Britain before the US got one.

Well, now there's a simple way not to mix Warwick, UK with Warwick, New York...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I never know what the JW Broadcasting songs are named.  I call September's "Where I Belong", cuz the title just seems to 'belong'.^_^

Here are the lyrics:

. . .

That is  the correct title, as was mentioned in the broadcast.

4 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

And, here is a link to where you can download the mp3 for your listening enjoyment:

Where I Belong mp3 download

Thank you Rosanne for beating me to it. I just didn't have time this week anyway.

Edited by Sheep

misspelled your name (whoops!)

3 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Not to mention the part about the Art Department. Have you noticed how the art has changed and improved since the department began their work in 1976 or so? And how much is done digitally these days? Also, how are things decided. Very interesting!

2c624f736b33f06a9eb62758a706bfce.jpg

the story behind the art department was very interesting to watch. 

The missionary from Hungary really got me thinking about what she said, and it's so true, all we have to do is be faithful to Jehovah and he will do the rest.  What a hard worker she is.... Now serving in my home Germany! What a beautiful thing to be considered a fellow worker with Jehovah!

Edited by Gi-Gi

Talk to text is for the birds

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

The missionary from Hungary really got me thinking about what she said, and it's so true, all we have to do is be faithful to Jehovah and he will do the rest.  What a hard worker she is.... Now serving in my home Germany! What a beautiful thing to be considered a fellow worker with Jehovah!

And she's a missionary in Western Europe, which is great and unusual.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

11 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

The drama about the sister losing joy was in Britain.  I recognised Brother and Sister Robert and Samantha Li from the bethel.  They are graduates of the 138th class of Gilead.

It was Wickford, 10 minutes down the road from me :) was lovely to see lots of familiar faces.

What such amazing program! I have to say that I cried a river watching those brothers seeing each other since 7 years ago. I won't tell you about that poem...

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

20 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I like to illustrate that by explaining how we might be invited to go to a new restaurant with some friends, if we don't know where it is then we need to get a map or wait for our GPS to be updated, otherwise if we know where it is, we can go there without the map or GPS.

Some friends aren't comfortable accessing the files early and have decided to wait until the links are provided on JWB and JW.org...

So, following through on your illustration, you can get to the restaurant before the other friends and eat your dinner before they arrive.   I see.  That doesn't seem to me to be good manners.  But that is just my opinion.

10 minutes ago, bohemian said:

So, following through on your illustration, you can get to the restaurant before the other friends and eat your dinner before they arrive.   I see.  That doesn't seem to me to be good manners.  But that is just my opinion.

Thanks for pointing that out. Apparently it's a bad illustration. :lol: 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

21 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Some friends aren't comfortable accessing the files early and have decided to wait until the links are provided on JWB and JW.org...

I fall into this category, and personally, find it somewhat offensive that brothers and sisters provide links that have NOT been officially provided. I am not saying its wrong to do that, or it should be reported to anyone, just that I don't really like it. But I am not the master over anyone's conscious.

18 hours ago, Thesauron said:

I love how brother Splane used the expression 'blended families' as opposed to 'stepfamilies'. And, be graceful when someone tries to make peace - don't make it hard for the one apologising. Also, the story of Naaman and Ben-hadad II. Good point that it was Ben-hadad who sent Naaman to Israel after the testimony of a young Israelite slave girl to be healed from his leprosy. But was the king grateful that his army chief had been healed? Not really. When he sent his army against Israel, though, Naaman was not mentioned.

Oh I though we broke up families, not strengthened them! I guess the evidence contradicts the accusation.

I also how he reinforced how we should get the whole picture, which helps us understand and gain context. This is why its hard to disprove our beliefs from the Bible, because we checke all scriptures dealing the matter and form our beliefs based on that complete understanding, or as complete as the available information makes that understanding.

And I love the interviews with those who work in scientific fields. The world is always using expert opinions as authorative, so why shouldn't we?

If I'm really hungry... It's hard to hold back hungry spiritual foodies, and why should you? And perhaps those who are really eager could show some consideration and patience? Would it be alright to talk about things that have not yet been published in your language?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

6 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

If I'm really hungry... It's hard to hold back hungry spiritual foodies, and why should you? And perhaps those who are really eager could show some consideration and patience? Would it be alright to talk about things that have not yet been published in your language?

For some it may be easier to just stay away from discussions about the broadcast until they see the link for thier language posted on the official website.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

For some it may be easier to just stay away from discussions about the broadcast until they see the link for thier language posted on the official website.

Maybe a post with such things should be marked up somehow? Same as a serious thread where you want serious responses and not really jokes?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I fall into this category, and personally, find it somewhat offensive that brothers and sisters provide links that have NOT been officially provided. I am not saying its wrong to do that, or it should be reported to anyone, just that I don't really like it. But I am not the master over anyone's conscious.

I think this should be set straight once and for all. I'll reference this post every time this topic is brought up. The following post is not meant as a direct reply to you but for everyone on this forum.

The links that are provided here to watch the program early are AS OFFICIAL AS THEY CAN GET.

Why is it that we get to watch the video 12-ish hours before everyone else? Because that's how the internet works! The internet is all about accessing resources, be it a video, picture, pdf, json, xml, txt or whatever. The reason why the whole world is making fancy websites is to ease the process for customers to access the resources. It's logical right? Every link leads you to some website containing text, pictures, video etc.

So, main point here :

-- IF YOU KNOW THE LINK TO A RESOURCE FILE, YOU DO NOT NEED TO GO THROUGH THE REGULAR WEB PAGE TO ACCESS IT. - -

With this in mind, why do we access the files before they appear on the website?

Because the brothers start to upload the files long before they are shown on the tv.jw.org website, so that once they are shown on the site, all the videos for all the programs are ALREADY uploaded. Every monthly program is available on ~100 languages, each language taking 2 GB of space. That's 200 GB. On a connection of 50 mbps upload speed, it will take little over 9 hours to upload them all. So imagine if they were shown on the website as soon as the first one was uploaded. Everyone else would have to wait up to 9 hours to watch on his language. Now because they upload them ahead of time, once it's shown on the site, it's available to all.

And the final point that of why we have access link early is because the brothers follow a convention of naming resources on their file server. Once we know that they follow the same convention, we can query the web server by certain parameters such as "pub" which is always the same and "issue" which is the month that we change just one number each month to get access to the newest broadcast.

And querying is not something illegal or whatnot, it's a internet mechanism for searching data in a directory.

So, bottom line...

If you don't want to watch the broadcast ahead of time because of your conscience, don't watch it!

But don't go around saying that we are accessing the broadcast by links that have not been OFFICIALLY provided.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Same as a serious thread where you want serious responses and not really jokes?

Should I be offended by that comment?

44 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Maybe a post with such things should be marked up somehow? 

I thought the title was obvious...

22 minutes ago, Andrejrulz said:

I think this should be set straight once and for all. I'll reference this post every time this topic is brought up. The following post is not meant as a direct reply to you but for everyone on this forum.

The links that are provided here to watch the program early are AS OFFICIAL AS THEY CAN GET.

Why is it that we get to watch the video 12-ish hours before everyone else? Because that's how the internet works! The internet is all about accessing resources, be it a video, picture, pdf, json, xml, txt or whatever. The reason why the whole world is making fancy websites is to ease the process for customers to access the resources. It's logical right? Every link leads you to some website containing text, pictures, video etc.

So, main point here :

-- IF YOU KNOW THE LINK TO A RESOURCE FILE, YOU DO NOT NEED TO GO THROUGH THE REGULAR WEB PAGE TO ACCESS IT. - -

With this in mind, why do we access the files before they appear on the website?

Because the brothers start to upload the files long before they are shown on the tv.jw.org website, so that once they are shown on the site, all the videos for all the programs are ALREADY uploaded. Every monthly program is available on ~100 languages, each language taking 2 GB of space. That's 200 GB. On a connection of 50 mbps upload speed, it will take little over 9 hours to upload them all. So imagine if they were shown on the website as soon as the first one was uploaded. Everyone else would have to wait up to 9 hours to watch on his language. Now because they upload them ahead of time, once it's shown on the site, it's available to all.

And the final point that of why we have access link early is because the brothers follow a convention of naming resources on their file server. Once we know that they follow the same convention, we can query the web server by certain parameters such as "pub" which is always the same and "issue" which is the month that we change just one number each month to get access to the newest broadcast.

And querying is not something illegal or whatnot, it's a internet mechanism for searching data in a directory.

So, bottom line...

If you don't want to watch the broadcast ahead of time because of your conscience, don't watch it!

But don't go around saying that we are accessing the broadcast by links that have not been OFFICIALLY provided.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I can imagine to a very small degree that it also helps with the rush of people trying to download at the same time for a few thousand of the friends to download early. If the Branch did not want it available publicly they would put it on a secure server.  One additional benefit is that if there is an error that was overlooked and needs corrected, it can be done.  When the RNWT came out, it was among the millions of users that errors were brought to light and corrections made in several updates. I've  seen the same corrections made in video's downloaded early versus the one posted on JWB. Lastly, I would think your download would be counted the same if you had waited a few hours.

The bottom line however from my perspective is that we are all Spiritual Gluttons with an insatiable appetite for spiritual things.  Is that bad? 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25