JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1390 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

7 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

Mr  Trump has stated also to reconsider or he will Use this constitution against Mr P.

Interesting!!!!!

::o

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

30 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

Mr  Trump has stated also to reconsider or he will Use this constitution against Mr P.

Interesting!!!!!

Hi Sister Gabe

I am behind the times' where is this from?

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, surfergirl said:

Interesting!!!!!

Gabe, this is from a fake news website.  He has not said this on any other mainstream media, and they would have reported this if Trump had really said it.  See the posts on the previous page just above yours which discuss this.

You'll see below a couple comments from our publications. Then download the one at the bottom which is a BBC radio comment (England). 

THE GESTAPO SEARCH THE BETHEL HOME (yb74 p 110)

The Nazis were hoping to find some kind of material connecting us with Communism when they occupied the Society’s office and factory on April 24. In such a case they could have applied a new law and confiscated the entire property and given it to the state, something that had already been done with the buildings belonging to the Communists. After searching the building the police called up government officials one evening telling them that they had found nothing incriminating. The command was: “You must find something!” But their attempt to do so failed and the property had to be returned to the brothers on April 29. The Brooklyn office had protested the unlawful seizure of the property (owned by an American corporation) through the American government on that same day.

Jehovah’s Witnesses—Courageous in the Face of Nazi Peril (g98/ 7/8 p 11)

As a result, the Witnesses endured threats, interrogations, house searches, and other harassment by the police and SA (Hitler’s Sturmabteilung, storm troopers, or Brownshirts). On April 24, 1933, ocials seized and shut down the Watch Tower oce in Magdeburg, Germany. After a thorough search yielded no incriminating evidence, and under pressure from the U.S. State Department, the police returned the property. By May 1933, though, the Witnesses were banned in several German states.

Subject: 84 Years Ago: BBC Radio 4 Thought of the day comment

Interesting! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Well all I know concerning President Trump and what he said concerning us and Russia is that first a sister I know told me about what he said. So I went online and there it was. 

Then I went further and scrolled down and found the U.S. News & World Report that said in its heading "State Department Condemns Clampdown on Jehovah's Witnesses." 

I feel that, whether such reports are real or not, the fact remains it's being published and either way Jehovah's name is being declared! Just like he said it would be. People are talking no matter how we see it. 

It's something like someone says it was a light blue car that ran down the road. Then another might say it was a dark blue car. No matter. It was a car! Both persons agree.

Sooo, no matter if these reports may not be completely factual, the absolute truth is, again, people are talking about Jehovah!!

1 hour ago, EccentricM said:

Meanwhile... in the Russian Orthodox school of Hogwarts, I mean, church of Christianity...

http://rbth.com/arts/history/2017/04/14/holy-fire-how-orthodox-believers-are-saving-the-world-from-doomsday_742433 

I think your signature explains this one. "Crazy people don't know they are crazy." LOL

In Christendom the water is holy, the fire is holy, and the stories the clergy tell their sheep are holey.

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

14 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Well all I know concerning President Trump and what he said concerning us and Russia is that first a sister I know told me about what he said. So I went online and there it was. 

Then I went further and scrolled down and found the U.S. News & World Report that said in its heading "State Department Condemns Clampdown on Jehovah's Witnesses." 

I feel that, whether such reports are real or not, the fact remains it's being published and either way Jehovah's name is being declared! Just like he said it would be. People are talking no matter how we see it. 

It's something like someone says it was a light blue car that ran down the road. Then another might say it was a dark blue car. No matter. It was a car! Both persons agree.

Sooo, no matter if these reports may not be completely factual, the absolute truth is, again, people are talking about Jehovah!!

Go back a door at the masthead, not USA Today, but USA News an imaginary beast.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

We need a  ....fox-news24 filter ...  

Thou shalt not quote  Fox-news24...

Well at least the scammers know a popular subject when they see one .... yikes

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

In away it was a question to see if anyone else had read it also. 

I dont repeat or post from false news.

just asking.  its ok to that. right?

but as for the UK Prime Ministers quote I found it in the Independant. Good source.

As for The President. A Brother had shared on FB.. Am still looking for it & it wasnt Fox 24.

When I find it I will come back.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Published on Apr 14, 2017

Religious expression in Russia flourished after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the end of state-enforced atheism. But now there are fears religious freedom is once again under assault.

Russia's Supreme Court is hearing a request to label Jehovah's Witnesses an 'extremist organisation'. Prosecutors call the group a sect that indoctrinates people, splits families, and incites hatred. But for a group that's known for its pacifism, rights groups say it's a worrying crackdown.

47 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

It is in post #3202.

Margaret asked for a PDF. She had a copy of #3202 in her request.

I couldn't get the image in "3202 to print as PDF.

It would only print as jpg whic made it too small to read on letter size paper.

I opened it in Paint.net and converted it to a four page PDF.

Russian Tract.pdf

When I first read the fox-news 24, I thought It was a little strange, but reasoned well since Trump son in law

Jared Kushner purchase up Dumbo – and made a statement  that all you need with Jehovah Witnesses is a hand shake.  

So my thoughts were well  perhaps it is  true.

http://jewishbusinessnews.com/2013/10/07/jared-kushner-group-closes-375-million-deal-in-brooklyn-with-jehovahs-witnesses/

However, I was so quite relieved that I did not forward this clipping;  after viewing the comments  on this board; JWtalk friends were on it to gives heads up to the fake news.  And, what is more the above poster with the link  "The naive person believes every word." are excellent reminders... this is save to the face of my phone!  I am still getting emails and text(s) about fox-news24.  Oh well!

:uhhuh:  So happy the friends here are on it!

Edited by CyreJay

I noticed on the Jw-russia website that soon after the decision came down to ban JW's as extremist, the branch in St. Petersburg was attacked.  The predictions are coming true - people there feel they have the right to react to this ban with violence and hatred.  So all the government did was ban people "extrermist" who weren't and give the real "extremists" card blanc to destroy and harm the innocent.

A few hours after Russia's Supreme Court announced its decisionon the Elimination of Jehovah's Witnesses center late on April 20, 2017, a group of men drove up to 2 cars to the largest liturgicalbuilding of Jehovah's Witnesses in St. Petersburg, located on Avenue Kolomyazhsky. They blocked the cars out of the building.One of the guests, shouting insults at the Jehovah's Witness religion and the threat of physical violence, threw facade of the building, including glass doors and windows, pre-cooked cobblestones. Liturgical building significantly damaged.

Such developments forecast speakers lawyers in court. A bit earlier in the day, speaking in the debate, Maksim Novakov, representing the center of Jehovah's Witnesses, predicted that the court could trigger a wave of violence against the Witnesses from property damage to the attacks on believers motivated by religious hatred. This is the inevitable consequences of the fact that innocent people wrongly considered to dangerous offenders.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D