JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sister Antoinette Fabian Died?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 400 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Several sites are now saying that she is not dead and a rumor was being shared on social media.

https://www.fox3now.com/antoinette-fabian-is-not-dead-michelle-nixon-confirmed/

She wrote, “Antoinette Fabian is not dead. Rumors have shared our sweet sister’s demise three times in the last few months. Please refrain from sharing any information on our dear faithful little sister unless you receive it directly from her family”.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

There are FALSE rumors being spread about my sister Antoinette. She has not passed away! Please refrain from spreading this. It is a lie & we know who is behind that. Antoinette continues to fight for her health every day! The prayers to our Heavenly Father Jehovah are appreciated! Let’s all continue to endure and Pursue Peace

-Paris Polk

"Jehovah's Witness Examiner" sounds like an apostate site to me, anyway (Though admittedly, I've never seen it, so my apologies if I'm wrong). I heard this on instagram from a JW channel I trust; so it goes to show how rumors spread.

Edited by Thomas Walker

It’s notable how this “news” was handled on this platform right here. 
Quickly we have learned about this fake news without spreading to others. 
Just shows you, what kind of quality platform Jw.talk really is. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

11 hours ago, cricket246 said:

That link has been updated to the latest information.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I've been doing my google search since yesterday to understand why Sister Antoinette is so popular as to make headlines this way,but my search always ends on the recent story ie rumours of her death.

Please is there something I'm missing about this sister? I've been very worried since yesterday.

52 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

I've been doing my google search since yesterday to understand why Sister Antoinette is so popular as to make headlines this way,but my search always ends on the recent story ie rumours of her death.

Please is there something I'm missing about this sister? I've been very worried since yesterday.

Have you watched Convention? 😉

She relates heartwarming experience of her life there.

Her faith made her "popular" (Popular is really not a right word) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 hours ago, Ishaya said:

google search

Danger Google - questionable unreliable source.

A recap of her parts in the convention is what we might should dwell on!

Then she is always alive in our memory. Forever uplifted by her love, strength, joy and example. Just think of how she will feel, when smothered by our hugs and tears of joy when we meet her face to face in the new system. 

The Bible is what very few want to hear but it's the message that everyone is looking for (Prov. 1:20-23 & 3:5,6).

I just found this GoFundMe started in March 2022, organized by Raquel Coleman, who apparently is Antoinette Fabian's mom. There is a lot of convincing, detailed info and it seems to really be from them. It was just updated today.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/antoinetteeye-of-the-tiger

Hello dear family and friends,
It has been some time since I wrote an update concerning my dear daughter Antoinette. We are still in New York and she is still on palliative treatment. She is in a less critical stage than we were in two months ago, but she remains in a fragile state of health. We are currently trying some holistic methods in hopes of slowing down her progression and aggression. She is still unable to walk and needs 24 hour care as she is bed ridden. I am her full time caregiver and unable to work at this time. We appreciate from our humble hearts all donations on her behalf. Donated funds will help with our relocation to New York to receive the best care options at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Hospital. Donations will help with her current medical needs (electric wheelchair, shower chair, diapers, medications, etc.), daily living needs, and any unforeseen medical needs in the future. (Malachi 3:10). We truly feel blessed to have and be a part of a united, loving, comforting, and supportive worldwide brotherhood! May we all with Jehovah's help endure all our trials.

Most of those sites with URLs that look like news sites but that have a network acronym and a random number in the middle, i.e. snbc13 or fox3now.com, are not legitimate. You can check to see if a site is likely to be an unreliable source by clicking on the "About Us" section. If it's very generic and doesn't include a mailing address, phone number(s), or names and contact info of any actual people, it's fake. Compare the "about us" or "contact us" sections of those sites to the Contact page for a Boston ABC affiliate:

https://www.wcvb.com/article/contact-us/3618504

Edited by Esined

5 hours ago, Esined said:

I just found this GoFundMe started in March 2022, organized by Raquel Coleman, who apparently is Antoinette Fabian's mom. There is a lot of convincing, detailed info and it seems to really be from them. It was just updated today.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/antoinetteeye-of-the-tiger

The gofundme page was closed some time ago. Nice to have some news

Edited by Dages

How terrible, news about our faithful brothers and sisters should all be verified. Whoever spread this is an insensitive and un-Christian fellow.

I do need to say that we can't expect an announcement to be made on our website if it did happen. Otherwise, what makes her different from the rest of 8.6 million of us? And there would be millions of memorial pages to make to keep that equality. It makes more sense to expect to hear death announcements of GB members as they're more well known to the brotherhood.

3 hours ago, Jay D said:

How terrible, news about our faithful brothers and sisters should all be verified. Whoever spread this is an insensitive and un-Christian fellow.

Let's be careful not to Tae and feather a brother or sister for making a stupid but innocent mistake. Plenty of our brothers and sisters are simple, innocent folks who trust easily and don't take time to research before repeating what they've heard. 

One brother told me he automatically trusts any news emailed to him from a Witness because he trusts his brothers and sisters.  Sounds good but this reasoning is flawed.  He trusts the person who sent it to him, and they trust who sent it to them, but someone down the chain could have been mislead 

I think there's something weird about all those articles about it showing up on those fake news sites and dubious social media accounts. I remember that the same kind of sites a few years ago ran weird articles with misinformation about Donald Trump attending a meeting (or a funeral or something) at the Kingdom Hall. Our conventions and all our publications are very public and accessible to anyone. I don't think it's an innocent rumor, I think there are bad actors (whether they are apostates, or Russia, or whatever) that twist what's out there and spread misinformation to stir the pot.