JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast for Sept 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2405 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, Tbs77 said:

The broadcasts are done approximately three months in advance.... Let's see what timely encouragement we get tomorrow and especially next month's!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I didn't realize that..some statements they make seem very up to date, such as mentioning events happening in the world at the time. Are they added somehow before broadcast?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

2 minutes ago, Dove said:

I didn't realize that..some statements they make seem very up to date, such as mentioning events happening in the world at the time. Are they added somehow before broadcast?

One of the brothers in charge of the video production was a speaker at our CA last year and I asked him about the broadcast and he said they are done 3 months in advance so they can be translated and released at the same time.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I can't confirm/recall if they allow special time and video space for "last minute edits"... 20170530_150605.jpg20170530_150233.jpg

One of the brothers in charge of the video production was a speaker at our CA last year and I asked him about the broadcast and he said they are done 3 months in advance so they can be translated and released at the same time.
Is that his silhouette in that pic?

Looking forward to not having to wait the extra day this month being as I'm currently in the Northern hemisphere so I should be able to watch it tonight ..... always assuming the lousy internet service out here on the farm co-operates. :uhhuh:

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I was gonna post a script that checks when the broadcast will be available for anyone who's eagerly waiting for the broadcast to be uploaded... and then i opened the link one last time... and there it was :)

It was JUST uploaded on the Afrikaans. Check in the following minutes for the American sign language. Thats the second best version other than the English one..

22 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Thanks for that information!

I would also guess that the filming in remote locations and original songs also require a lot of time to film and edit as well, so it makes sense that these are not "hot off the press".

If anyone wants a copy of a browser script that will continuously check for availability of the monthly broadcast in all possible languages, let me know in a pm and ill provide it for you.
This month already passed.. but it could come in handy in the following months... :)
It's in JavaScript and it's written by me. 

Edited by And_Ray