JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

57 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

@Sofia Dear here they are already scheduling the fourth dose of the vaccine against covid 19, what do you think of this? They want a 4 month gap from the third dose to give the fourth dose. do you already have studies ? 

If a third dose isn’t enough for preventing omicron why a 4th dose will be effective?

Before taking a blind 4th dose please check your CELL imunity

its expensive but worth it.

Imunocompromised individuals may need it. But I have seen leukemia individuals with 3 doses now intubated 

it’s difficult to Taylor a specific vaccination program for each person

most certainly not the same to all

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 2/11/2022 at 7:49 PM, Geralyn said:

Since one of the UN players has already made us illegal (RUS) and the UN backed "lock downs" (in their mind) was to limit spiritual association and public witnessing I think the disgusting thing has been doing a dance in the Holy Place, am I off? 

Sister Geralyn, the Slave explains the "disgusting thing" is the UN and the "holy place" is false religion. Similar to 1st century Jerusalem, churches are holy only in their believers' mind, but for Jehovah they are unclean. :)

8 minutes ago, carlos said:

Sister Geralyn, the Slave explains the "disgusting thing" is the UN and the "holy place" is false religion. Similar to 1st century Jerusalem, churches are holy only in their believers' mind, but for Jehovah they are unclean. :)

Suporting you @carlos https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1999323&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=21

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 2/11/2022 at 1:49 PM, Geralyn said:

Since one of the UN players has already made us illegal (RUS) and the UN backed "lock downs" (in their mind) was to limit spiritual association and public witnessing I think the disgusting thing has been doing a dance in the Holy Place, am I off? 

Is there any reason to believe our current understanding is not correct? 

*** w13 7/15 pp. 4-5 par. 6 “Tell Us, When Will These Things Be?” ***

6 What will signal the start of the great tribulation? Jesus foretold: “When you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) then let those in Judea begin fleeing to the mountains.” (Matt. 24:15, 16) In the first fulfillment, the “standing in a holy place” occurred in 66 C.E. when the Roman army (“the disgusting thing”) attacked Jerusalem and its temple (a place holy in the eyes of the Jews). In the larger fulfillment, the “standing” will occur when the United Nations (the modern-day “disgusting thing”) attacks Christendom (which is holy in the eyes of nominal Christians) and the rest of Babylon the Great. The same attack is described at Revelation 17:16-18. That event will be the beginning of the great tribulation.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2013530&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=13

3 hours ago, carlos said:

the Slave explains the "disgusting thing" is the UN and the "holy place" is false religion. Similar to 1st century Jerusalem, churches are holy only in their believers' mind, but for Jehovah they are unclean.

Gasp!!   I actually knew this and should have looked it over before commenting...   I had just explained to someone that behind what "man"(666) is doing  there is what Satan is longing to do.  But Jehovah feeds them Babylon first...  I wrote what I feel and that is dangerous!  When Babylon goes down it is ON!   Still, so close you can taste it! Thanks to you all!

On 2/9/2022 at 2:59 PM, Sofia said:

Soon... people all over the World will feel safe. 

It will be a worldwide feeling of safety. Even if the coronavirus will still be out there.

But people will feel safe again.

If we see the pandemic as a war, we can say it´s a period of peace coming, maybe a long period (Hans Kluger - WHO)

I thought I was the only one on this site who suspected this pandemic is the trigger mechanism to 1 Thess 5

3 hours ago, JW4EVER said:

I thought I was the only one on this site who suspected this pandemic is the trigger mechanism to 1 Thess 5

Could be.

Let me remix an old WT :

Does it mean that Armageddon is going to be finished, with Satan bound, with the end of the Pandemic? It could! It could! All things are possible with God. Does it mean that Babylon the Great is going to go down by the end of the pandemic? It could. Does it mean that the attack of Gog of Magog is going to be made on Jehovah’s witnesses to wipe them out, then Gog himself will be put out of action? It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don’t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and the end of the pandemic. But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that.

:D

Edited by Dages

There is a whole list of things we must see/endure during the last days - no single crisis seems to be indicated as the sole  trigger.

The same things we can point to as Covid being able to trigger something could also be said of the homosexual push, civil unrest, political changes, financial crisis and a host of other things.

Exactly why 1 Thes 5:20 says, "Do not treat prophecies with contempt." The word "prophesies" is plural - not singular allowing for multiple things to come to a head and trigger the cry.

We need to make sure we do not get distracted by any single thing/event and continue to "Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine." as vs 21 says.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

11 hours ago, Dages said:

Could be.

Let me remix an old WT :

Does it mean that Armageddon is going to be finished, with Satan bound, with the end of the Pandemic? It could! It could! All things are possible with God. Does it mean that Babylon the Great is going to go down by the end of the pandemic? It could. Does it mean that the attack of Gog of Magog is going to be made on Jehovah’s witnesses to wipe them out, then Gog himself will be put out of action? It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don’t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and the end of the pandemic. But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that.

:D

I like the sound ,remix of 1975

Coronavirus: As BA.2 subvariant of Omicron rises, lab studies point to signs of severity - CNN

"As you may know, BA.2 is called 'stealth Omicron,' " Sato told CNN. That's because it doesn't show up on PCR tests as an S-gene target failure, the way Omicron does. Labs therefore have to take an extra step and sequence the virus to find this variant.

Let's hope it doesn't get worse. Stealth Pathogens can not be detected by the Immunesystem. 

It is not over yet. 

Edited by molnarj

3 hours ago, molnarj said:

Coronavirus: As BA.2 subvariant of Omicron rises, lab studies point to signs of severity - CNN

"As you may know, BA.2 is called 'stealth Omicron,' " Sato told CNN. That's because it doesn't show up on PCR tests as an S-gene target failure, the way Omicron does. Labs therefore have to take an extra step and sequence the virus to find this variant.

Let's hope it doesn't get worse. Stealth Pathogens can not be detected by the Immunesystem. 

It is not over yet. 

Don’t worry

its just a minor mutation that’s all

BA1 has the deletion

BA.2 doesn’t 

no big deal 😉

47 minutes ago, runner92 said:

I firmly believe they're manipulating variants and spreading fear. It no longer makes sense. 

Today a study was published stating that BA.2 variant is more dangerous than BA.1 
I ve talked about this no-sense to Dr. Tom Peacock and he agrees with me. Makes no sense

it seems some histeria are being spread to scare people… 🤔🙄🙄

2 hours ago, runner92 said:

I firmly believe they're manipulating variants and spreading fear. It no longer makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Today a study was published stating that BA.2 variant is more dangerous than BA.1 
I ve talked about this no-sense to Dr. Tom Peacock and he agrees with me. Makes no sense

it seems some histeria are being spread to scare people… 🤔🙄🙄

Should this affect how we respond or react to the situation? How does the origin of the pandemic influence our behavior in response to the situation? 

25 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Should this affect how we respond or react to the situation? How does the origin of the pandemic influence our behavior in response to the situation? 

I liked the unbelieving Husband who declared, "we're going nowhere until Bethel tells us". That's the right attitude.

30 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

To me, it doesn't matter where it comes from.  What matters is what it does and how it affects our brothers.  Sick is sick, dead is dead.  Natural or man-made, it would produce the same amount of trauma.  We'd want to follow guidelines, whether from the government or from the branch, to avoid it all the same.  I'd just trust the branch over the government if the advice was conflicting.

30 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

I liked the unbelieving Husband who declared, "we're going nowhere until Bethel tells us". That's the right attitude.

That sounds pretty believing to me....🙂

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Should this affect how we respond or react to the situation

Nope

no change 

And therefore no need for panic.

it’s not probable that a new more dangerous variant comes along 

BA.2 has been widely studied in UK and SA and so far it doesn’t seem to be more pathogenic. I have confirmed this talking to virologists.

8 hours ago, Sofia said:

Nope

no change 

And therefore no need for panic.

it’s not probable that a new more dangerous variant comes along 

BA.2 has been widely studied in UK and SA and so far it doesn’t seem to be more pathogenic. I have confirmed this talking to virologists.

Agreed. This is all I was trying to say with my post.

4 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/02/18/bill-gates-covid-risks-have-reduced-but-another-pandemic-will-come.html

is Bill talking about a pandemic in the far future that will never come due to Armageddon? 

Hope so 🙄