JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

I just found out that a brother that I use to work with at the Assembly Hall was one of the first ones in the US to get Covid. The doctors had no idea what he had at the time and they told him to stay home because they didn't want it spread at the hospital. He developed neurological issues and brain fog that caused deep depression. He was a very active, athletic brother in his 40's that had his own business as a General Contractor but he has barely been able to function for several years. He is finally getting better ...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, vern said:

called fatigue syndrom

Guillain-Barré Syndrome 

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/guillain-barre-syndrome-fact-sheet

Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) is a rare neurological disorder in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks part of its peripheral nervous system—the network of nerves located outside of the brain and spinal cord. GBS can range from a very mild case with brief weakness to nearly devastating paralysis, leaving the person unable to breathe independently. Fortunately, most people eventually recover from even the most severe cases of GBS.  After recovery, some people will continue to have some degree of weakness.

6 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox5ny.com/news/new-omicron-variant-xbb-1-5-rapidly-spreading-across-tri-state.amp

NEW YORK - A new Omicron variant is sweeping across the New York City area and the nation to kick off 2023, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 

Actually XBB.1.5 is a "grand-daughter" of BA.2 in a convergent evolution dynamics. Nothing new actually... still omicron 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

Guillain-Barré Syndrome

Not sure I would classify the lingering effects of GBS as "fatigue". Although there may be "weakness", it does not always present as fatigue, it can also present as actual physical disability while the person has plenty of energy.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 hours ago, vern said:

sounds similar to what they called fatigue syndrom

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome aka CFS was a misnamed label by Gary Holmes, et al in 1988 for Myalgic Encephelometis a British term used since 1930's

Out of 18 doctors on the committee that named it CFS, only 2 doctors who had experience with ME refused to sign it.

Thus 16 doctors who did not know what they were talking about labeled ME patients with a label that down played the seriousness of this horrible illness.

Then in turn the US tried to enforce this bogus label onto the world - and partially succeeded.

They falsely claimed "It Is All In Your Head" even claiming that ICD 10 had it listed under neurological and psychosomatic classifications which the IDC clarified it was Only listed under neurological.

Long Covid has been likened to ME/CFS

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

21 hours ago, Lee49 said:

Guillain-Barré Syndrome 

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/guillain-barre-syndrome-fact-sheet

Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) is a rare neurological disorder in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks part of its peripheral nervous system—the network of nerves located outside of the brain and spinal cord. GBS can range from a very mild case with brief weakness to nearly devastating paralysis, leaving the person unable to breathe independently. Fortunately, most people eventually recover from even the most severe cases of GBS.  After recovery, some people will continue to have some degree of weakness.

This is what the doctors think my oldest sister had..  She drove herself to the ER then within a few hours she was completely paralyzed, including her respiratory system so had to be intubated.  She died about 3 weeks later from pneumonia.  This is why none of the doctors here will give me a flu shot.  One of the doctors researched to see if I could have but then said no.  When my husband's immune system was almost none due to cancer and chemo, and I was working at an elementary school at the time during flu season, I went to four different doctors trying to get flu vaccine.  Also went to community health center.  All said I can not have.  GBS is a very serious neurological disorder.  Yes many recover but it may takes months.  Some like my sister do not.  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

Previously (11/2021) my niece, both her kids had COVID and her father was in the hospital dying (more of co-morbidities and neglect than of COVID).  I had sent Gelsemium 30c for my son and asked him to make up a water bottle of the remedy and hang it on my neice's door!  Energetically she went from hardly being able to muster to finagling a way through testing again and into the hospital to see her dad one last time...   It kept her on the road to recovery with more energy and as a nurse she was quite impressed...  

When Omicron spread last year I already had vicarious experiences with homeopathic Gelsemium 30c for restoring OOMPH, at least temporarily.   Over the counter med (health store), eases most malaise.   I had a secondary illness after Omicrom and used Gels 30c for weeks (WIN_WIN!)!  If it works for you, a water bottle with one dose can be used for repeat doses, bash against your palm and take a capful or a dose in a teacup of H2o, stir each time you take a teaspoon.  It makes it more affordable for families!

Which reminds me with Omicron, FOR SOME, there is a secondary illness...  4 days after recovery from Omicron I had something like an asthma attack (don't have it normally) I sucked in so much air I broke a rib!   Thought I was gonna die for a minute!   I grabbed the salt shaker and took about 1/4 teaspoon on my tongue and it (and mindfulness!) stopped the attack.  Almost all talking triggered it (but milder) for weeks! In my homeopathy class there were quite a number requesting advice about the secondary "thing" and I heard a DR from China mention it this week (twitter).

China Covid: WHO warns about under-representing Covid deaths

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-64167052

The World Health Organization has warned that China is under-representing the true impact of Covid in the country - in particular deaths.

The removal of most restrictions last month has led to a surge in cases.

But China has stopped publishing daily cases data, and has announced only 22 Covid deaths since December, using its own strict criteria.

"We believe that definition [of a Covid death] is too narrow," WHO emergencies director Dr Michael Ryan said.

Dr Ryan said China's figures "under-represent the true impact of the disease in terms of hospital admissions, in terms of ICU admissions, and particularly in terms of deaths".

Acute and postacute sequelae associated with SARS-CoV-2 reinfection:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-02051-3

We know that 3 infections compared to one can result in an increase in health problems. 
8 x risk of being hospitalised 
5x risk of cardiovascular disease 
4 x risk of blood clots

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Pretty sure I have it, but me and my wife can never get a positive result.  Not sure what's up with that, but I know we haven't gone 3 years without it.  We're not that careful.  :whistling:

Anyways, pretty sure it's COVID due to the body aches & mild fever my wife had.  Other symptoms include coughing, sore throat, and a little bit of sinus congestion.  What's crazy is this is day 14 for me!!  I feel 85% back to normal, but still got a cough and still got a bit of a sore throat.

So if this is indeed COVID, this variant is no walk in the park!  This is the longest I've ever been sick!!  And there were a couple of very miserable nights...

1 hour ago, Loyal said:

I'm feeling afraid of information every day something different from sadness and new variants keep emerging 

No new variants yet

just sub variants 

Some seem to forget that ailments like the flu that existed before Covid are still with us. Not all illness we get is Covid or due to Covid.

We can still suffer from simple allergies, the common cold and the flu without it being Covid or Covid related.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 hours ago, Loyal said:

We do not know 

According to samples submitted to GISAID 

Corona virus use to be part of the cold\flu.

Wonder if the possible gain of function research did something.  Before covid 19... Covid 19 wasn.t called covid 19.

Some say cold and flu all got collected into covid 19 for awhile.

Shrug... World is confusing now.  Which story is best.?

1 hour ago, vern said:

Corona virus use to be part of the cold\flu.

Wonder if the possible gain of function research did something.  Before covid 19... Covid 19 wasn.t called covid 19.

The new name of this disease is coronavirus disease 2019, abbreviated as COVID-19. In COVID-19, 'CO' stands for 'corona,' 'VI' for 'virus,' and 'D' for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as “2019 novel coronavirus” or “2019-nCoV.”

https://www.jefferson.edu/coronavirus/coronavirus-information-and-faqs.html#:~:text=The new name of this,or “2019-nCoV.”

Vern, there are many different types of coronavirus. This particular strain was discovered in 2019.

No, the previous coronaviruses are not all called Covid19 now.  They are still out there and still have their own names.   It's just that Covid19 is new, more deadly than the others, and getting all the attention. 

Before 2019 Covid-19 either didn't exist or was unknown 

Was under the impression the lung complication from sarscov2 was called covid19?   Covid 19 wasn.t a reference to vorona virus as there are many.  And getting a corona virus sickness doesn.t mean you will get covid 19.

23 minutes ago, vern said:

Was under the impression the lung complication from sarscov2 was called covid19?   Covid 19 wasn.t a reference to vorona virus as there are many.  And getting a corona virus sickness doesn.t mean you will get covid 19.

When Sars-Cov-2 was first discovered the main symptom was atypical pneumonia.

Doctors were puzzled with it and didnt know the cause... After a while a genome sequence was submitted and a novel coronavirus was discovered. It caused a specific disease named COVID-19. (COronaVirus Disease discovered in 2019).

I am recovering from sickness, ( symptoms cough, weakness and extremely congested nose) tested negative for COVID with RAT tests. 
Now I lost taste and smell. 
Is it possible to loose sense of smell and taste from normal flu ? 

Personally I do not think that RAT tests are very accurate. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Oh Greg, hoping whatever you have is mild. I don’t know about loss of taste and smell, but it may actually not be covid. I had a bad cold with a lot of the covid symptoms, and had 4 negative rats test. Who knows anymore what these bugs are 🤷‍♀️. Get better soon! ❤️🩹